Mavic XA 29 MTB Wheelset 2018
Prepared to shred through an array of terrains, the Mavic XA 29 MTB Wheelset 2018 presents a simplistic design more than capable of withstanding the demands of modern day trail riding, and at excellent value for those wanting to upgrade their rig at a lower cost.
Composed with a lightweight yet robust S6106 aluminium rim, Mavic have ensured that their entry-level trail wheelset rolls over technical terrains without fault by utilising the SUP weld to improve integral strength, assuring you of confidence boosting quality ride after ride. With a 25mm rim profile capable of fitting tyres up to 2.5 inches you'll be sure to roll over rocky and root-riddled terrains with sufficient speed, whilst tracking fast corners and berms with excellent traction and precision control.
The featured TS-2 hub efficiently transfers each rider input with successive power outputs to speed through technical trails and up challenging hills thanks to two powerful internal pawls and it's rigid monobloc axle. Sealed bearings ensure foreign contaminants such as mud, water and sand are kept at bay, assuring you of long-lasting smooth rolling efficiency.
Keeping up to pace with the modern trends and advanced technology, the UST designed rim enables the capacity to fit either clincher or UST tubeless tyres, providing you with the choice to benefit from reduced punctures, increased traction and comfort when utilising a tubeless setup.
- Tubeless rim tape
- UST valve and accessories
Please note: Mavic wheels have a +/- 5% variance in weight. For longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesn't exceed 120kg, bike included.
- Material: S6106 aluminium
- Drilling: Traditional
- Weight reduction: SUP joint welding
- Brake: 6 bolt disc
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and clincher
- ETRTO size: 29" / 622x25TSS
- Internal width: 25mm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 28mm to 62mm (1.1" to 2.5")
- Spoke material: Steel
- Shape: Straight pull, round
- Lacing: Crossed 2 front and rear
- Front hub: Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Rear hub: Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Freewheel: Shimano/ SRAM or XD
- Axle material: Aluminium
- Freewheel: TS-2 alloy
- Hub widths: Boost (front 110mm, rear 148mm) or Non-Boost (front 100mm, rear 142mm)
- ASTM category: 3/ cross country and trail riding
- Weight: 1900 grams pair, 895 grams front, 1005 grams rear
- Please note: Wheels have a +/- 5% variance in weight
PRODUCT REF: 772067
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more