Northwave Extreme XC GTX Winter MTB Shoes
Several winter-inspired features make the Northwave Extreme XC GTX Winter MTB Shoes a perfect choice for when attacking the trails through the coldest and wettest months.
The tough and durable uppers resist the scuffs and scrapes of off-road riding and integrate a Duratherm Kelvin Gore-Tex membrane to boost insulation and to seal out the wind and rain completely. The increased warmth of these uppers is complemented by Gore-Tex and Neoprene collars that cover the ankles while Arctic 4Layer insoles prevent the chill from seeping in under the feet.
The uppers have an overlapping XFrame format, and this combines with the SLW2 dial closure system to snugly support without causing any pressure points. Thermoformed heel cups further improve the fit by preventing heel slip when pedalling hard.
Carbon XC12 soles are stiff to ensure of maximum power transfer, are lightweight to reduce the bulk of the shoes and have toe studs and rubber tread to give greater grip when walking the bike across very muddy sections of a ride. Reflective detailing throughout the shoes gives increased safety if cycling on dark roads that link trails together.
Please note: These shoes, whilst using waterproof materials, will not keep all water out during downpours or when subjected to heavy road spray.
- Off-road shoes for the coldest of winter cross country mountain bike riding
- The uppers have a Duratherm Kelvin Gore-Tex® membrane to provide insulation, wind and waterproofing and breathability
- Easyfit Climaflex collars with a Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane and neoprene construction extend up the ankles for further warmth and protection
- Arctic 4Layer insoles are insulated and comfortable
- SLW2 dial closure system and XFrame uppers wrap securely around the feet without pressure points
- Thermoformed heel cups provide support and eliminate heel slip under power
- Anti-abrasion protection surrounds the shoes
- Carbon XC12 soles have a stiffness index of 12, are light and have toe studs and rubber tread for grip when off the bike
- Two bolt off-road cleat compatibility
- Reflective detailing throughout gives 360° visibility
- Claimed manufacturer weight: 445 grams, per shoe, size UK 9
Northwave Extreme XC GTX Winter MTB Shoes Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.