Ride Concepts Transition MTB Shoes
Lightweight and breathable enough for everyday trail riding yet burly enough for downhill, the Ride Concepts Transition MTB Shoes are a premium clipless shoe suited for the most technically demanding trails. As used by the Atherton Racing World Cup team, these shoes deliver unrivalled, podium-proven performance, with their unique design providing impressive power transfer and comfort.
The RC PowerDrive nylon shank ensures exceptional lateral stiffness and power, and supplies a direct, spritely feel during sprints and climbs. A 40mm wide cleat box sees easy pedal entry for near telepathic engagement, and a long range of cleat adjustability is offered to suit all rider preferences. For further stability a nylon heel counter is used, and the DST 8.0 MID GRIP rubber compound supplies excellent grip for those hike-a-bike moments.
Where the Transition stands out is its excellent impact protection. D3O impact zones on the insole and medial collar effectively protect the foot from impacts, while custom-moulded toe and heel caps shield the foot from rock strikes. To deliver weatherproof performance without impacting on breathability a welded microfibre upper is used. A powerstrap aids stability and protects the laces, and the fully-gusseted tongue keeps the dirt and dust out.
- Rubber Kinetics | DST 4.0 MAX GRIP Rubber Outsole
- Large hexagonal 14mm pattern for superior connection
- Asymmetrical medial collar with D3O impact protection
- Custom-molded rubber toe cap and heel protection
- Medial high-rise EVA midsole provides support and shock absorption
- TPP medial midsole protector
- 40mm powerstrap for additional retention
- D3O High Impact Zone Insole Technology absorbs shock and reduces fatigue
- Fully gusseted tongue prohibits intake of dirt and debris
- Manufacturer claimed weight of 490 grams (Per shoe, men’s size 10)