Roval Control SL 29 6 Bolt XD MTB Wheelset
The stand out statistic about the Roval Control SL 29 6 Bolt XD MTB Wheelset is its weight. Coming in at a staggering 1,240 grams, these are some of the lightest off-road wheels available and would embarrass the vast majority of road wheels at a weigh-in to boot. This low weight manifests itself in extremely rapid acceleration and scalpel-sharp handling, ideal for the kind of cross-country speed that they have been designed for.
Specialized hasn’t stopped at just keeping the weight down to improve the chances of a podium, as the carbon rim edge has been carefully widened and profiled to give the 4mm FlatTop design in order to lessen the potential for race-ending pinch punctures. The claim is that it now takes 22% more force to pinch puncture than previously.
Premium parts continue the high-performance theme, with DT Swiss Aerolite Straightpull spokes, Pro Lock hexagonal alloy nipples and DT Swiss derived hubs. The rear hub offers a 54t quick engagement ratchet system for instant response to pedalling inputs and excellent reliability, with ceramic bearings for the least possible friction and great longevity.
Please note, not compatible with tyre inserts.
- Zero Bead Hook 4mm FlatTop design
- Wheel Size: 29”
- Rim: Carbon
- Internal Rim Width: 29mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite Straightpull 294mm, two-cross with DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal alloy 14mm 2.0mm nipples
- Spoke Count: Front - 24 / rear - 24
- Hubs: Front - Alloy body, 15mmx110 thru-axle, 19 and 31mm OD end cap options included. Maximum rotor size
- Disc Standard: 6-Bolt
- Front Axle: 15x110mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle: 12x148mm thru-axle
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Wheelset - 1,240 grms
- Compatibility: SRAM XD
- System Weight Limit: 125kg / 275lbs