Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Tubular Front Wheel
Introducing the Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Tubular Front Wheel. Future-proof your bike with this pro-level disc brake compatible front wheel and enjoy the benefits of the all-carbon rim's low weight and aerodynamic performance.
The 40mm rim depth is perfectly is ideal for riders looking for enough versatility to tackle both flat and mountainous conditions. The medium section design of the rim ensures aerodynamic performance while the wheel's ultra low 626-gram weight means it is not going to inhibit your uphill speed.
The all-carbon rim construction is 24mm wide, allowing for great aerodynamic performance and a wide and stable tyre base for tubular tyres. Shimano has also integrated wide flange spacing for greater lateral rigidity and elbow-less spokes for a heightened degree of strength.
For the hub, Shimano have utilised a cold forged machined alloy shell and an oversized 7075 alloy axle to maintain strength and stiffness without negatively effecting rigidity.
- WH-R9170 TU carbon tubular disc brake wheel, designed to meet pro road race criteria
- Lightweight tubular full carbon 40 mm deep, 24 mm wide rim for improved aerodynamics, increased rigidity and excellent inertia
- Easy to use centre-lock rotor mount for use with disc brakes
- 24 stainless steel butted (2.0-1.8-2.0) and bladed straight pull spokes
- Elbow-less spokes make for a strong yet compliant wheel
- High lateral rigidity is produced with a wide flange spacing
- Labyrinth double-contact sealing effectively shuts out water and dirt
- Alloy cone with integrated steel Borozon treated bearing races - super mirror finish reduces friction
- Quick and easy to maintain bearing adjustment
- Cold forged, machined aluminium hub shell and oversized 7075 alloy axle keep the wheel weight to a minimum
- 700C tubular compatible, 23 - 28mm tyres
- For 100 x 12 mm axle
- Average weight 626 grams