Specialized Demo Race Mountain Bike Frame 2022
Made from a light and robust M5 alloy, the Specialized Demo Race Mountain Bike Frame holds several traits that enable it to thunder down tracks of World Cup severity with speed, balance and composure. The frame integrates an Ohlins TTX 22 M coil shock into its suspension setup to grant 200mm of big hit absorbing travel. This shock combines with the advanced kinematics and more rearward axle path of the suspension configuration to promote heightened traction, increased impact management, momentum and control across the most demanding terrain.
Despite the harsh nature of downhill riding, the trunnion mount of the rear suspension design provides extra bushing overlap to increase durability and minimise maintenance time. In addition, the linkage format includes innovative flip chips that can be switched to accommodate either a 27.5” or 29” rear wheel. Using a 27.5” wheel increases manoeuvrability over technical courses, while fitting a 29” wheel improves traction and momentum when the speeds are high.
- A burly, accurate and fast downhill frame for conquering daredevil descents at breakneck speeds
- The M5 alloy construction is light, stiff and strong
- A Ohlins TTX 22 M coil shock integrated into the frame’s rear can handle the biggest hits of the most challenging World Cup downhill tracks
- The coil shock offers external low speed compression and rebound adjustment for guaranteed traction and composure
- The rear suspension’s advanced kinematics and more rearward axle path better handles big impacts, affording more momentum and control
- A Trunnion mount within the rear suspension configuration offers extra bushing overlap for increased durability
- The design uses flip chips to accommodate a 29” or 27.5” rear wheel for a tailored ride depending on the terrain
|Frame||Specialized M5 alloy, Style-Specific DH Geometry, horst pivot flip chip for 27.5 or 29 rear wheel, BSA threaded BB, full internal cable routing with option for full external brake, 148mm rear spacing, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm of travel|
|Rear Shock||Ohlins TTX 22 M Coil, external rebound adjust, external high and low speed compression adjustment, Trunnion mount, 225x75|
|Seatpost Clamp||Alloy, 34.9mm|
|Wheel Size||Designed for 27.5” or 29" wheels|
|Braking System||Designed for hydraulic disc brake calipers|
|Included||Specialized Body Geometry Henge DH saddle with hollow titanium rails / Thomson, alloy, straight, seatpost with 12-degree clamp / Rear thru-axle|