Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with Pedalsure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH Electric Hybrid Bike 2023
Utilising a Full Power 2.2 motor and a long-ranging battery, the Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH Electric Hybrid Bike grants exceptionally smooth and quiet pedalling assistance as the rider tackles the daily commute, fitness-inspired workouts or mixed-terrain weekend adventures. The consistent motor power delivery is complemented by the enviolo AUTOMATiQ Internal Gear Hub (IGH) that changes gear automatically based on preset cadence preferences to afford a fluid and composed riding experience over all topography.
Assistance is provided up to a maximum speed of 15.5 mph / 25 km/h and the motor's power level can be quickly altered via the MasterMind handlebar-mounted controller, with this unit also functioning as a display for on-the-fly ride metrics. The MasterMind device can be paired with the Mission Control app to carry out motor tuning and software updates and activate the Turbo System Lock anti-theft feature. Additionally, a Garmin Radar sensor is integrated into the MasterMind system to alert the rider of traffic approaching from behind.
A light but rugged aluminium frame accommodates the motor and battery within its silhouette and has been designed to afford plush levels of compliance over rough surfaces. The bumps are further tamed by the Rockshox suspension fork, suspension seatpost and big-volume tyres. Strong wheels are reliable, cut down maintenance time and are stopped by powerful hydraulic disc brakes. Included lights and mudguards complete the build, helping the riding continue through all weather conditions.
Browse our range of Specialized electric hybrid bikes today.
- An incredibly versatile electric hybrid bike for daily commuting, fast fitness workouts or long weekend adventures
- The Turbo Full Power 2.2 motor and 710Wh battery offer smooth and quiet pedalling assistance
- The battery has a range of up to 90 miles / 120km (depending on conditions, rider weight and motor level)
- The battery is fully integrated into the design, removable and lockable, making it simple to charge and easy to secure
- An integrated motor controller responds to the riders pedalling input to result in intuitive, natural feeling power assistance
- The MasterMind display shows ride information, allows real-time motor level adjustment, and enables over-the-air software updates
- A Garmin Radar sensor is integrated into the MasterMind system to alert the rider when traffic is approaching from behind
- The MasterMind display can be linked to the Mission Control app to tune and customise the motor’s performance and provide ride diagnostics
- The Turbo System Lock anti-theft system can be activated by the Mission Control app, disabling the motor and turning on the motion sensor alarm
- The enviolo AUTOMATiQ Internal Gear Hub (IGH) stepless shifting technology automatically shifts gears based on a rider’s pedal pace
- The internal gear hub (IGH) can be set to a preferred cadence, shifting automatically when outside the set cadence parameter
- The aluminum frame neatly houses the motor and battery within its silhouette, is light, robust and is tuned to increase comfort
- A suspension fork with 80mm of travel and a suspension seatpost further smooth the bumps
- Redesigned geometry places the rider in powerful, controlled and comfortable riding position
- Strong wheels and high volume tyres grant reliability and a smooth ride
- Hydraulic disc brakes offer powerful and composed stopping in all weather conditions
- Included lights, rear luggage rack and mudguards facilitate any kind of ride
- The rear rack is compatible with child bike seats, and the bike is also rated to pull a thru-axle trailer
- Max Assist: 250 watts, 90Nm torque
- Range: 90 miles / 120km (depending on conditions, rider weight and power level selected)
- Battery Power: 710Wh
|Frame||Specialized E5 Aluminium, bottom bracket motor mount, fully integrated and lockable downtube battery, internal cable routing, lock and front rack mount, sliding dropout|
|Fork||Rockshox Recon Silver RL, 80mm travel, Motion-Control, mudguard mounts|
|Stem||Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp|
|Handlebar||Specialized alloy, 15-degree backsweep, 46mm rise, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm 6-bolt rotor|
|Rear Brake||SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm 6-bolt rotor|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Hydraulic|
|Gear System||enviolo AUTOMATiQ Pro shifting interface|
|Chain||Gates Carbon Drive CDX 122t belt, black|
|Cassette||Gates Carbon Drive CDX 24t sprocket, silver|
|Chainring||Gates Carbon Drive CDX 50T chainring, black|
|Crankset||Specialized custom alloy forged crank arms|
|Front Wheel||Rim - Specialized 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h / Hub - Specialized alloy front hub disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt, 15x110mm thru-axle, 32h / Spokes - DT Swiss Industry|
|Rear Wheel||Rim - Specialized 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h / Hub - enviolo Heavy Duty, 380% range, 6-bolt, 10x135mm, 32h / Spokes - DT Swiss Industry|
|Front Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3, clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3, clincher|
|Saddle||Rivo Sport, steel rails, 155mm width|
|Seatpost||Specialized spring suspension, alloy, 40mm travel, 30.9mm, 2-bolt clamp, 34.9mm sleeve|
|Pedals||Specialized Commuter with grip tape and reflectors|
|Accessories||Front light - Lezyne Ebike Power E115, 310 Lumen, 12V / Rear light - Spanninga Commuter Glow XE, 12V / Custom chain cover / Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount / Rear rack - Specialized rack, MIK HD interface, built-in pannier mounts, 27kg maximum load / Mudguards - Specialized DRYTECH mudguards, 65mm width, aluminium stays / Bell - Specialized brass bell|
|Range||90 miles / 120km (depending on conditions, rider weight and power level selected)|
|Motor||Specialized 2.2, 90Nm torque, custom tuned motor, 250W nominal|
|Ui/Remote||Specialized MasterMind TCD, with handlebar remote, built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, customisable display pages|
|Battery||Specialized U2-710, alloy casing, state of charge display, 710Wh|
|Charger||Custom charger, 42V4A with Rosenberger plug, 230V|
|Wiring Harness||Specialized custom wire harness|
|Electric assisted speed limit||15.5 mph / 25 km/h|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. Bikes ordered for delivery will not arrive with the pedals installed, please refer to the owners manual and pedal installation guides provided for guidance. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards. Bikes ordered for delivery that have tubeless compatible tyres and rims will arrive with inner tubes installed or with tubeless valves installed, this will be brand dependent. Sealant is available to be purchased separately.
If you require any assistance please contact our Customer Care team.