Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 Step-Through Electric Hybrid Bike 2022
Boasting incredible versatility, the Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 Step-Through Electric Hybrid Bike is an ideal choice for the daily battle against city traffic, helping with a dedicated fitness drive or long mixed-terrain adventures at weekends. The bike's versatility is largely realised thanks to the Turbo Full Power motor and 710Wh battery combination that provide long-lasting, powerful and smooth pedalling assistance. The level of motor assistance can be selected on the MasterMind handlebar-mounted unit that doubles up as a detailed display that shows a host of helpful ride metrics. Additionally, the MasterMind system integrates a Garmin Radar sensor that alerts the rider when traffic is approaching from behind.
The Mission Control app wirelessly links to the MasterMind controller to customised the motor's behaviour, run system diagnostics and perform software updates to keep the bike always running smoothly. Additionally, the Turbo System Lock anti-theft device can be activated via the app to disable the motor and turn on the motion sensor alarm.
A light and robust aluminium frame grants compliance over rough riding surfaces and neatly integrates the motor and battery into its silhouette. The step-through design of the frame facilitates quick getting on and off, and its revised geometry guarantees composed handling. A plush Rockshox suspension fork and a suspension seatpost improve comfort, while the robust wheels and high volume tyres ensure reliability and grip. Wide ratioed SRAM 11-speed gears ease passage over any topography, and hydraulic disc brakes perform flawlessly in any weather. The build is completed with included lights, rear rack and mudguards to aid the bike's performance within any riding scenario.
- An incredibly versatile electric hybrid bike for daily commuting, fast fitness workouts and long weekend adventures
- The Turbo Full Power 2.2 motor and 710Wh battery offer smooth and quiet pedalling assistance up to 28 mph
- The battery has a range of up to 90 miles / 120km (depending on conditions, rider weight and motor level)
- The battery is fully integrated into the design, removable and lockable, making it simple to charge and easy to secure
- An integrated motor controller responds to the riders pedalling input to result in intuitive, natural feeling power assistance
- The MasterMind display shows ride information, allows real-time motor level adjustment, and enables over-the-air software updates
- A Garmin Radar sensor is integrated into the MasterMind system to alert the rider when traffic is approaching from behind
- The MasterMind display can be linked to the Mission Control app to tune and customise the motor’s performance and provide ride diagnostics
- The Turbo System Lock anti-theft system can be activated by the Mission Control app, disabling the motor and turning on the motion sensor alarm
- The aluminum frame neatly houses the motor and battery within its silhouette, is light, robust and is tuned to increase comfort
- The frame's step-through design facilitates quick getting on and off
- A suspension fork with 80mm of travel and a suspension seatpost further smooth the bumps
- Redesigned geometry places the rider in powerful, controlled and comfortable riding position
- Strong wheels and high volume tyres grant reliability and a smooth ride
- SRAM 11-speed gears change crisply amongst a wide range of ratios suitable for all terrain
- Hydraulic disc brakes offer powerful and composed stopping in all weather conditions
- Included lights, rear luggage rack and mudguards facilitate any kind of ride
- The rear rack is compatible with child bike seats, and the bike is also rated to pull a thru-axle trailer
- Maximum Assist: 250 watts, 90Nm torque, 28 mph
- Range: 90 miles / 120km (depending on conditions, rider weight and power level selected)
- Battery Power: 710Wh
|Frame||Specialized E5 Aluminum step-through, bottom bracket motor mount, fully integrated and lockable downtube battery, internal cable routing, lock and front rack mount|
|Fork||Rockshox Recon Silver RL, 80mm travel, Motion-Control, mudguard mounts|
|Stem||Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp|
|Handlebar||Specialized alloy, 15-degree backsweep, 46mm rise, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm 6-bolt rotor|
|Rear Brake||SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm 6-bolt rotor|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Hydraulic|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed|
|Shift Levers||SRAM S700, single-click lever, 11-speed|
|Chain||KMC e11T, 11-speed with Missing Link|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t|
|Crankset||Specialized custom alloy forged crank arms|
|Front Wheel||Rim - Specialized 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h / Hub - Specialized alloy front hub disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt, 15x110mm thru-axle, 32h / Spokes - DT Swiss Industry|
|Rear Wheel||Rim - Specialized 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h / Hub - Specialized alloy rear hub disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 6-bolt, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h / Spokes - DT Swiss Industry|
|Front Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3, clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3, clincher|
|Saddle||Rivo Sport, steel rails, 155mm width|
|Seatpost||Specialized spring suspension, alloy, 40mm travel, 30.9mm, 2-bolt clamp, 34.9mm sleeve|
|Pedals||Specialized Commuter with grip tape and reflectors|
|Accessories||Front light - Lezyne Ebike Power E115, 310 Lumen, 12V / Rear light - Spanninga Commuter Glow XE, 12V / Custom chain cover / Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount / Rear rack - Specialized rack, MIK HD interface, built-in pannier mounts, 27kg maximum load / Mudguards - Specialized DRYTECH mudguards, 65mm width, aluminum stays / Bell - Specialized brass bell|
|Range||90 miles / 120km (depending on conditions, rider weight and power level selected)|
|Motor||Specialized 2.2, 90Nm torque, custom tuned motor, 250W nominal|
|Ui/Remote||Specialized MasterMind TCD, with handlebar remote, built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, customisable display pages|
|Battery||Specialized U2-710, alloy casing, state of charge display, 710Wh|
|Charger||Custom charger, 42V4A with Rosenberger plug, 230V|
|Wiring Harness||Specialized custom wire harness|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. Bikes ordered for delivery will not arrive with the pedals installed, please refer to the owners manual and pedal installation guides provided for guidance or contact Customer Care. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.