Vivobarefoot Addis Everyday Shoes
The ergonomically designed Vivobarefoot Addis Everyday Shoes are super light and super comfortable, created using renewable materials in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. A portion of the profits is put back into education and employment initiatives in the local area. The shape is wide for natural stability, and the sole thin, at just 4mm, with a heel rocker to create the most natural movement possible.
These shoes pair a natural leather upper, sourced from free-roaming cattle on small scale farms, with an Ababa sole, one inspired by the first recorded human footprints, found in Tanzania and dating back 3.7 million years. Perfect for urban environments and hard surfaces, the Addis deliver an incredible ground feel with no cushioning, so the foot's natural strength is utilised.
- Wide to allow for natural stability
- Thin to enable you to feel more
- Flexible to enable natural movement
- Renewable natural materials
- Upper made from naturally scarred leather from free-roaming cattle sourced from small scale farmers
- The Ababa sole features the signature footprint design inspired by the Laetoli found in Tanzania, the oldest recorded preserved human footprints dating back to around 3.7 million years ago
- 4mm ergonomic cup sole with heel rocker provides amazing natural movement and ground feel in the urban environment
- Retro lace-up style with handstitched construction, offering barefoot feeling for a natural connection
- Made in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, in collaboration with the Soul of Africa social enterprise
- A portion of profits goes back to supporting local employment and education initiatives
- Made for feet, not landfill. These shoes were designed to be re-made and re-worn
- Please note: The images with the red tags are for reference only. The new Addis does not have the red tags pictured