Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset
The Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset features an amalgamation of speed inspired traits and sophisticated materials to present performance to any genre of road riding. Whether climbing steep ascents, surging over Spring Classic style terrain or racing against the clock, the 404 NSW delivers with an air of assertiveness and proficiency.
Low weight, lateral stiffness and robustness are all realised via the use of an advanced composite construction within the structure of the rims. This carbon material is formed into a 58mm deep, wide and bulbous rim profile that has been carved following hours of extensive data crunching and real-world riding to prompt an excellent aerodynamic performance across a complete sweep of yaw angles. The ABLC rim surface dimpling works by calming the airflow around the rim body for further velocity and stability.
The broad internal rim width lowers rolling resistance, decreases drag and improves comfort by supporting the tyres and helping them to sit with a refined cross-sectional silhouette. This internal format is also compatible with tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyres to allow the rider a broad choice with which to fine-tune their ride.
Composed and reliable braking, even when descending in the wet, is afforded by the Showstopper carbon brake surface and its friction enhancing scalloped texture. At the same time, the Cognition hubs are smooth spinning and durable and increase coasting speed via the Axial Clutch, frictionless freehub mechanism.
Everything is brought together comprehensively by Sapim CX-Ray spokes that are laced in neat patterns with accurate tensions to give escalated efficiency and rough surface resilience.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A wheelset that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort to excel over rolling climbs, across Spring Classics style terrain, when sprinting for the line and in solo efforts against the clock
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 58mm rim depths offer performance within any ride that has a requirement of raw and relentless speed
- Rim profiles that have been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lower drag, increase crosswind stability and smooth the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hubs have super smooth bearings with the rear featuring an Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 20mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: Radial / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 18 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm width tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 725 grams / Rear: 867 grams / Wheelset: 1592 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime