Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel unites aerodynamic research with high-grade materials and is intended to increase speed in timed events such as time trials and triathlons.
The rims are made from a superior grade of carbon to realise lateral stiffness and strength while keeping the rotating weight low. This carbon material is moulded into an 82mm deep rim profile that is the result of extensive aerodynamic research and amalgamates low drag with high stability across a broad sweep of yaw angles. ABLC dimples supplement the rim silhouette by smoothing the air around the rim surface to afford increased control in crosswind riding situations.
A wide internal rim width offers increased support to tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres and helps them to achieve a superior cross-sectional profile. This optimised tyre shape grants an increased air volume and a rounder tyre-to-road impression and these unite to lower rolling resistance, increase vertical compliance and maximise cornering grip.
Smooth and well-sealed bearings are encased within the disc brake specific ZR1 hub. The Center Lock disc interface of this hub helps to give a solid, confidence-inspiring braking sensation. The freehub features a 66 point engagement to afford a quick and efficient pedalling response. Everything is brought together via the reliable Sapim CX-Sprint spokes in an evenly tensioned 2-cross lacing pattern.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- Conceived to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm deep, aerodynamically refined rim profile simultaneously lowers drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hub is Center Lock compatible, has super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with an aerodynamically refined profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke counts: 24
- Hubs: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 1019 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.