Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
The Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel has been designed explicitly to be the fastest option when in conflict with the second hand of the clock. Riders who fight for results, both personal and against peers, in time trials and in triathlons, will benefit from the unadulterated speed that the 808 NSW naturally elicits.
The finest carbon is deployed within the rim structure to grant a low weight and superior lateral stiffness. Via a meticulous pattern of wind tunnel testing, CFD simulations and professional rider input this advanced carbon material is sculpted into a profile that tremendously lowers drag and stabilises the wheel when confronted with gusty wind conditions.
The sophisticated rim profile promotes wide internal and external measurements for improved tyre interaction. The broad internal width seats any tyre with a superior cross-section, which in turn lowers rolling resistance and increases cornering grip. At the same time, the expanded external rim width ensures a smooth flow of air across the rim-to-tyre junction. The dimpled surface pattern of the rim complements this by reducing air turbulence at higher yaw angles for further crosswind stability.
Compatibility with either tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres grants the rider a vast amount of options with which to fine-tune the ride personality of the wheel. At the same time, the disc brake specific Cognition hub promotes more even spoke tensions thanks to its superior flange design, while its disengaging freehub grants lower mechanical drag when coasting. The revered Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the comprehensive build with a 2-cross lacing pattern to donate maximised efficiency and robustness.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Centre Lock lock ring
- Conceived purely to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm rim depth lays a formidable foundation for realising lower drag at higher speeds
- A rim profile that has been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lowers drag, increases crosswind stability and smooths the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip and is specifically designed around 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition hub has a Center Lock disc interface, super smooth bearings, a disengaging ratchet mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling and a superior flange profile to promote more even spoke tensions
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Rear: 983 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.