Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel
Merging years of aerodynamic experience, the finest materials and state of the art manufacturing procedures the Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel supplies speed and efficiency into any effort against the clock. Whether impressing peers in the local evening time trial or gunning for a podium spot in Kona the 858 NSW delivers with clinical accuracy.
Premier carbon fibre and resins are utilised within the rim body and are manufactured with exacting standards to yield an optimum ratio of lateral stiffness, strength and low weight. This highly developed configuration is fashioned into an irregular, bulbous, Sawtooth profile that deploys several Hyperfoil nodes around its interior circumference. This pioneering profile is the result of an extensive research program and bears a super-efficient aerodynamic performance and stable crosswind handling otherwise unseen in wheels of similar depth. The intricate HexFin ABLC pattern sees numerous dimples and ridges positioned on the rim’s surface and these help by creating a slippery boundary layer of air around the rim body to elicit even lower drag numbers.
A wide internal rim width holds tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres in a superior fashion, spreading their beads further apart. This increased stance alters the tyre-to-road impression which, in turn, markedly lowers rolling resistance, increases comfort and boosts cornering grip. The rim also bestows confidence-inspiring levels of braking performance, even in the wet, thanks to the heightened pad-to-rim friction promoted by its scalloped, Showstopper carbon brake track.
Smooth and durable bearings are held within the svelte body of the Cognition hub before the build is linked together via the distinguished Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat, evenly tensioned radial lacing pattern.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewer
- A wheel that has been created purely for the fastest possible performance against the clock
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- The undulating 77/82mm deep, Sawtooth rim profile features nature-inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- The Cognition hub has super smooth bearings with durable seals for increased longevity
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 77/82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Radial
- Spoke count: 18
- Hubs: Zipp Cognition
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 770 grams (no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.