Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with PedalSure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE 1 Mountain Bike 2021
Get the traction, control and speed that you want on big trails with Cannondale's Scalpel Carbon SE 1 Mountain Bike. The carbon frame uses FlexPivot suspension, featuring flex zones that work like a Horst link pivot but are lighter, stiffer and more durable. Both the frame and RockShox fork have 120mm of plush bump-smoothing travel that'll have you comfortable on the singletrack all-day-long, alongside a dropper post for shifting the saddle down and out of the way to navigate steep drops and jumps. Using a design Cannondale call 'Proportional Response', every size of frame has a customised layout, so each rider benefits equally, regardless of their height.
Progressive XC geometry is a key feature of the Scalpel SE; it's slack and stable, bringing precision and control, with an Ai (Asymmetric Integration) offset drivetrain improving traction while delivering plenty of clearance for fat tyres and mud.
Shimano XT components complement the frameset perfectly, offering a wide range of gears, smooth shifting and powerful hydraulic braking, with all cables routed internally to keep the aesthetics clean and reduce contamination. 29er wheels consisting of full carbon HollowGram rims and Formula/DT Swiss hubs create a strong and stiff build that's able to cope with the harshest terrain and most aggressive riding.
The included Stash kit, containing a Fabric 8-in-1 mini tool and a Dynaplug tubeless plug kit, sits neatly under a water bottle and will help you keep your pockets or pack light. With mounts for two bidons, you can take care of your hydration needs. There's a sensor integrated into the wheel, so you'll be able to keep on top of all your ride data and gain access to other information via the Cannondale App.
- FlexPivot — The key to Scalpel SE’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon fibre flex zones act just like a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable than any bearing setup
- Stash Kit — Everything you need for lighting fast trailside repairs. A Fabric 8-in-1 mini tool in a quick-draw holster, a Dynaplug tubeless plug kit, and your CO2 inflator, all stashed neatly under your water bottle
- Connected — An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper-accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed servicing and more, all through the free Cannondale App
- Ai (Asymmetric Integration) - The unique offset drivetrain delivers big tyre/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. It also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel
- Proportional Response — Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, Cannondale customise the layout of suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance
- Big Trail Capability. Scalpel’s progressive XC attitude has evolved even further with a slack and stable 67˚ headtube angle – combined with shorter stems, bigger tyres, dropper posts and bigger travel: if you love riding trails fast, precise and in full control, then this is the bike for you
- Stiff. Light. Fast - The Scalpel SE is one of the lightest and stiffest full-suspension mountain bikes available. Built light to go fast
- Two water bottle mounts
- DirectLine Cable Routing — Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy
- Shimano XT drivetrain and hydraulic brakes
|Frame||Cannondale all-new, 120mm travel, BallisTec carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot chainstay, PF30-83, tapered headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru-axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SIDLuxe Select+, 2-position mode adjust, adjustable rebound|
|Fork||RockShox SID Select+ RL, 120mm, Debonair, 15x110mm thru-axle, tapered steerer, 44mm offset|
|Headset||Integrated Sealed Bearing, tapered|
|Bottom Bracket||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Stem||Cannondale 1, 7075 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 7°|
|Handlebar||Cannondale 1 Riser, Carbon, 31.8mm, 9° sweep, 4° rise, 780mm|
|Grips||ESI Silicone 32mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano XT hydraulic disc, 180mm XT rotor|
|Rear Brake||Shimano XT hydraulic disc, 160mm XT rotor|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XT hydraulic disc|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT, 12-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano XT, 12-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano XT, 10-51, 12-speed|
|Crankset||Cannondale HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset|
|Chain||Shimano SLX, 12-speed|
|Front wheel||Formula, 15x110 hub / HollowGram 25 S, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, 28h, 25mm IW, tubeless-ready rim / DT Swiss Competition spokes|
|Rear wheel||DT Swiss, 12x148 hub / HollowGram 25 S, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, 28h, 25mm IW, tubeless-ready rim / DT Swiss Competition spokes|
|Front Tyre||Maxxis Ardent Race, 29 x 2.35", EXO Protection, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Maxxis Recon Race, 29 x 2.25", EXO Protection, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Flat Elite, cro-mo rails|
|Seatpost||Cannondale DownLow Dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 125mm (M-L), 150mm (XL)|
|Connectivity||Cannondale Wheel Sensor|
|Extras||Stash Kit (Fabric 8 in 1 Mini Tool and Dynaplug tubeless puncture repair tool)|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.