Mavic All Road Elite Disc Centre Lock 40 Clincher Wheelset
The Mavic All Road Elite Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2018 with 40mm tyres is a tough yet lightweight package, designed around the unforgiving nature of mixed terrain riding.
With the strong combination of 24 spokes and 22mm wide rims, this wheelset is built to be tough, durable and fast. Weight is taken care of through the Maxtal rims, unique to Mavic, this alloy offers a better strength to weight ratio than standard 6010 alloy. The Fore drilling technique also increases strength and stiffness over traditional methods, ensuring an exciting, high-speed ride every time. The wheels are also UST tubeless ready, helping reduce the risk of pinch flats, whilst allowing the rider to lower the air pressure for increased grip through the corners.
The centre lock hub design helps keep the bike stable and responsive when decelerating, while the instant drive freewheel provides the rapid engagement required to accelerate back up to speed after, creating a fast, yet predictable ride, even when the terrain suggests otherwise.
The use of sealed hub bearings is a key feature given the intended application of the wheels. Grit and unwanted moisture are kept out, maintaining high performance no matter the external conditions. The bolt thru-axles also provide the extra rigidity required to confidently dominate a demanding route without any unnerving flex.
- Front 12 mm adapters
- Rear 12x142mm adapters for Instant Drive 360
- Mavic tyre sealant (rear wheel)
- Mavic Yksion Elite Allroad XL 700x40C clincher tyres
- Specific disc bolts
- UST valve and accessories
- User guide
- 9, 10 and 11 speed Shimano/SRAM systems - convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with an optional driver body (sold separately)
Please note: This wheelset is shipped with 12 x 142mm thru-end caps as standard. In order to make it QR compatible, part numbers V25108 and V26803 are required as well as skewers M40351 and M40350.
- Height: Front 22mm, rear 22mm, asymmetrical
- Internal width: 22mm
- Drilling: Fore
- Tyres: Yksion Elite Allroad XL, clincher, 700x40C
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Lacing: Front - crossed 2, rear - Isopulse
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminium
- Material: Maxtal
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM 9,10 & 11 speed, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Front axle: 12mm thru axle. Optional: Easily convertible to quick release with adequate adapters, convertible to 15mm with complete axle replacement
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to quick release with optional adapters
- Maximum pressure: 4.5 bars - 65 PSI
- Recommended tyre sizes: 30 - 40mm
- Freewheel: Instant drive 360
- Axle material: Aluminium
- Front and rear bodies: Aluminium
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Weight without tyres: 1720g (pair) 795g (front) 925g (rear)