Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with PedalSure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Specialized Diverge Expert Disc Gravel Bike 2021
Escape the people and traffic on a multi-day adventure or race across gravel on Specialized's Diverge Expert Disc Gravel Bike. It's a highly capable steed that keeps weight low thanks to the FACT 9r carbon frameset, uses a progressive geometry for stability and a lively ride and incorporates Future Shock 2.0 technology to absorb jolts and bumps from harsh terrain so your body doesn't have to. The damper on this system is adjustable so there's no compromise to speed when you hit smoother trails and tarmac.
Shimano's dedicated gravel GRX groupset offers smooth, precise shifting in an electronic 11-speed 1x configuration, with plenty of gearing options for when things get steep, while a clutch mechanism in the rear mech prevents chain-slap. The braking is just as good as the shifting, performing well in all conditions, wet, dry or muddy. Rolling on DT Swiss wheels and Specialized Pathfinder Pro tyres, you get a pairing that brings a smooth feel, comfort and puncture protection, however, the frameset is designed with huge clearance - 47mmx700c or 2.1”x650b so you can swap them out for something wider if necessary.
Storage has been well-considered and, borrowing features from the Stumpjumper, a SWAT door has been added to the downtube, inside of which there's space for tools, nutrition and other items, either allowing you to keep your pockets free or to carry more kit. There are also plenty of mounts for racks so you can take this bike on bigger, longer rides.
If you'd like to read more about the 2021 range of Specialized Diverge gravel bikes click here.
- With a FACT 9r carbon frame, the Diverge Expert Disc is incredibly capable and race-bike light. Pin it for your local dirt climb KOM, or grind up a giant backcountry peak, the light and lively Diverge will get you there faster
- Speed, control and confidence - Future Shock 2.0 is the ultimate technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper, Future Shock 2.0 suspends the rider, not the bike. This keeps you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh. Since Future Shock 2.0’s damper is adjustable, you’ll be ready for the rough stuff and efficient on smooth pavement
- The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry Specialized has ever created for a drop-bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. It includes increased reach, a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while speccing shorter stems keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. The bike’s low bottom bracket increases stability but is high enough to use with 650b wheels if preferred
- The Diverge has plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out
- A whopping 47mm of tyre clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive-side chainstay utilising a solid beam of carbon behind the chainrings clearance is created without using a fragile dropped chainstay design or increasing chainstay length
- The Diverge borrows SWAT internal storage from the legendary Stumpjumper. The SWAT door lets you utilise space in the downtube to store tools, a flat kit, nutrition and even the SWAT Jacket. It keeps weight off your body, low in the bike for better handling, and makes you more self-sufficient
- Shimano GRX gravel-specific electronic 11-speed groupset
- DT Swiss G540 wheelset fitted with fast-rolling Specialized Pathfinder Pro 700x38mm tyres
|Frame||Specialized Diverge FACT 9r carbon, SWAT™ Door integration, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||Specialized Future Shock 2.0 with Damper, Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano threaded|
|Stem||Specialized Future Stem Pro|
|Handlebar||Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12-degree flare|
|Bar Tape||Specialized Roubaix S-Wrap|
|Front Brake||Shimano GRX RX815, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano GRX RX815, hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano GRX RX815|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX817 Di2, 11-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano GRX RX815, 11-speed electronic shifting|
|Cassette||Shimano XT, 11-speed, 11-42t|
|Crankset||Shimano GRX RX810-1, 40t|
|Chain||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed|
|Front Wheel||DT Swiss G540 rim, 24mm internal width, tubeless-ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru-axle hub, Centre Lock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples|
|Rear Wheel||DT Swiss G540 rim, 24mm inner width, tubeless-ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru-axle hub, Centre Lock disc, alloy freehub body, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples|
|Front Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Pro, 2Bliss Ready, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm, clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Specialized Pathfinder Pro, 2Bliss Ready, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm, clincher|
|Saddle||Specialized Body Geometry Power, hollow titanium rails, 143mm|
|Seatpost||Roval Terra carbon, 20mm offset|
|Extras||Integrated SWAT door, internal storage system|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.