Coronavirus - A message from Ian Whittingham and Jason Turner, the founders of Sigma Sports
Dear Valued Customer,
From Thursday 5th November until the 2nd December, Sigma Sports are implementing the following restrictions to our stores in reaction to the second lockdown, to continue keeping our stores safe and clean for you and our staff. The wellbeing of our customers and employees is of huge importance to us, whilst also doing our utmost to deliver the best possible experience when shopping with us.
We also remain committed to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness and have strengthened our procedures in this area to minimise the spread of coronavirus.
Respecting social distancing and avoiding the risk of contact
Whilst the emphasis is more than ever to maintain correct social distancing - and to avoid any possible contact with anyone who may have coronavirus - we have had to introduce a number of new procedures to the store, as well as some new restrictions on normal services.
With customers visiting our store for a number of different reasons we will continue to speak with every customer on arrival so that we can guide you accordingly. We ask that you remain patient during this time and allow our staff to help you as quickly as possible.
The law now states that all staff and customers in any retail outlet must wear a suitable face covering. If you have forgotten your mask we can supply one in-store in exchange for a £1 contribution to World Bicycle Relief.
The services we will offer through Lockdown are as follows:
Bike sale consultations: These continue to be by appointment only. We have been operating with this system since May and it has proven to be very successful. Appointments are one hour long and allow us to identify the correct style and model of bike, as well as the size and initial set-up position. Appointments are now strictly for one person only. We will only run one consultation at a time. To book a consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clothing, helmet, shoe and eyewear consultations: We are allowing a maximum of three customers at any one time on our first floor for essential purchases. Clothing that has been tried on will be quarantined for 24 hours. We encourage and ask you to travel alone and will only allow a maximum of two people from one household.
- Reserve and collect: For all items, simply place your order online and we will contact you to confirm when your order is ready for collection. We will have one member of staff dedicated to a till point to process these orders for you.
- Ground floor essential purchases: If you require essentials such as saddles and saddlebags, tyres, tubes, lights, cleaning products, tools, energy food etc from our ground floor, we are allowing a maximum of three customers at any one time. We encourage and ask you to travel alone and will only allow a maximum of two people from one household.
- General Browsing: Unfortunately we are unable to allow general browsing at this time. Please visit the store only if you have an essential purchase to make.
- Bike Fitting: For all bikefit enquiries, please email email@example.com
- Workshop: For all workshop enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payments: These are by card only.
Thank you for your continued support and patience in these challenging times.