Progressive thinking, dynamic designs and a sustainable approach; three attributes that makes Universal Colours one of the most exciting cycling clothing brands on the market. For 2023, their spring/summer range further bolsters the British brand’s versatile men’s and women’s collections.
We have picked a few of our favourite Universal Colours spring/summer 2023 garments to provide some inspiration for the new season and make your summer of riding all the more enjoyable.
Spectrum Short Sleeve Jersey
Retail price from £130
Updated for 2023 with three new block colourways, the Spectrum jersey uses a unique logo, taking inspiration from reflections of light. Not only does it look good, it's aerodynamic, ergonomic and comfortable in all riding positions, from more relaxed to the most aggressive and aerodynamic. The star of the show is the 100% recycled and Bluesign® approved multi-shell fabric that does an exceptional job of managing heat and moisture.
What we love about this jersey
- Temperature and moisture regulation by the multi-shell fabric is excellent
- Italian 100% recycled post-consumer waste polyester and pre-consumer waste elastane construction
- Ergonomic design and stretchy fabrics create a good fit in any riding position
- Aerodynamic cut with longer sleeves for speed and a sleek aesthetic
Spectrum Light Short Sleeve Jersey
Retail price from £140
One for the climbers or for any rider who appreciates minimal weight and an airy feel. It's clear that there were no compromises to performance, comfort, or style in the design of this Spectrum Light Short Sleeve Jersey, which is knitted for breathability, uses ultrasonically welded seams for a sleek finish, and boasts stand-out, head-turning aesthetics, with the latest design inspired by cross-sections of sedimentary rock in the high mountains, a place where this garment excels.
What we love about this jersey
- Constructed from post-consumer recycled Italian fabrics
- The knitted structure makes the jersey airy and light
- Soft and stretchy material is incredibly comfortable
- Modern colours and designs deliver a stand-out style
Mono Bib Short
Retail price from £125
We love the Universal Colours Mono Bib Short here at Sigma Sports thanks to its beautifully understated style and sublime fit, brought together in a great value package. An Italian Elastic Interface® hybrid multi-density pad is at the core of this short, and takes good care of shock absorption, enhancing comfort even after hours in the saddle. Offset cuffs with internal silicone prevent ride-up and won't excessively squeeze the thighs. The short is available in a range of colours, ready to complement every rider's kit choices.
What we love about this bib short
- An Italian Elastic Interface® hybrid multi-density pad gives long-ride comfort
- The offset cuffs and silicone grippers provide stability and create a smooth finish
- Stretchy bib straps hold everything in place and the women's short offers higher stretch for easy bathroom breaks
- Reflective logos are a good safety addition for low light riding
Universal Colours Mono Summer Cycling socks
Retail price from £14
The Mono Summer Cycling Socks have been around since Universal Colours' inception, and are a favourite here at Sigma Sports. The ever expanding range of colours offers something for everyone and these socks are incredibly comfortable, blending Nylon and Coolmax® EcoMade yarns. They support the arch, wick moisture and have a tall cuff. You'll appreciate the excellent durability as they're sure to become a pair you'll want to wear on every ride.
What we love about these socks
- Huge range of colours
- Long cuff
- Compressive arch is supportive and prevents bunching of material
- Nylon and Coolmax® EcoMade yarn blend is mixture-wicking and highly durable
Universal Colours Arm, Knee and Leg Warmers
Retail price from £40
Simple but essential, every cyclist needs a set of warmers to hand. They extend the use of shorts and jerseys past just the warmest days, and Universal Colours' latest leg, knee and arm warmer offerings use a great blend of recycled nylon and elastane to create the perfect amount of stretch. The silicone grippers are external, grabbing jersey material to prevent gaps on the thighs or upper arms. Reflective white logos are a nice finishing touch, catching headlights and streetlights when the sun has gone down, maximising visibility.
What we love about these warmers
- External custom silicone grippers that prevent slipping
- Stretchy feel for freedom of movement
- Reflective logos aiding visibility
- Environmentally-conscious credentials