Argon 18 Krypton GF Disc Road Frameset 2020
Stable and comfortable, with a more relaxed position than the racing range, the Argon 18 Krypton GF Disc Frameset is ideal built into an endurance bike to tackle gran fondos and long rides over varied terrain. The tube shapes and carbon layup are optimised to absorb vibrations, improve pedalling efficiency and keep drag to a minimum. However, there's no sacrifice in performance in the quest for comfort - this is an extremely well-balanced bike. The 3D+ system enhances versatility further, giving you the choice of three head tube heights to dial in your position perfectly. The head tube is slightly slacker and the bottom bracket lower for improved high-speed stability.
Aerodynamics are considered on all Argon 18 frames, and the Krypton GF uses a truncated foil fork, a redesigned downtube shape and Asymmetric Hybrid Airfoil seat stays, all helping to smooth out the flow of air over the bike. Pedalling efficiency is enhanced by increased stiffness at the bottom bracket, and the ride is responsive. Designed for flat-mount disc brakes, the DT Swiss 12mm thru-axles increase rigidity and you get reliable and powerful braking in all conditions.
- Monocoque carbon frame and fork offer exceptional vertical compliance and react positively to road-induced vibrations while remaining impervious to lateral movement, thus ensuring maximum pedalling efficiency for high performance
- Aerodynamically efficient frame and fork designs for better performance and riding pleasure
- New endurance geometry
- Modular cable routing system is clean, smart and efficient; compatible with all modern transmissions (mechanical, Di2, eTap and EPS)
- Flat-mount disc brakes for 140mm or 160mm rotors (when using mudguards, 140mm rear brake rotor is recommended)
- Optional direct-mount hanger supplied for installation of Shimano rear derailleurs
- Compatible with all road cassettes including junior cassettes with a 14-28 range
- 32mm tyre clearance (28mm with mudguards)
- TDS-C carbon monocoque seatpost - engineered for more compliance and comfort. Reversible head for better fit adjustments
- 3D+ System delivers all the handling and stiffness benefits of the original 3D system in a streamlined version that merges seamlessly with the frame. It offers 3 head tube extension heights for every frame size
- Horizontal Dual System (HDS) - the frame is divided into two zones, with the lower section more rigid and the upper more compliant
- DT Swiss-type 12mm thru-axle
|Frame||Argon 18 Krypton GF Disc, carbon|
|Fork||Argon 18 Krypton GF Disc, carbon|
|Seatpost||Argon 18 TDS-C Race, 27.2mm|
Argon 18 Krypton GF Disc Road Frameset 2020 Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.