Assos XC Le Vernon Short Sleeve Speed Suit
The Assos XC Le Vernon Short Sleeve Speed Suit brings the performance of a one-piece together with rugged durability and protection. The upper portion uses a Type.157 Stripe fabric for breathability and stretch, and filters out UV rays. Push Pull on the sleeves and upper back, that also offers UV protection, effectively wicks moisture and dries fast.
Type.429, the same material used in the XC short, features in the lower portion and has a four-way stretch so you can pedal unrestricted. The entire construction is extremely robust, with dyneRope panels on the sides for extra abrasion-resistance in case you slide out.
An Assos OFF-ROAD insert offers targetted thickness, for plenty of cushioning where required without the pad feeling overly bulky. It's ideal for the more upright position of mountain bike geometry. OFF-ROAD grippers ensure a secure hold against the leg so there'll be no riding up of the short.
The top and bottom halves of the suit are connected with tacking along the left and right sides, leaving a central open portion for ease of comfort breaks and allowing you to add ventilation with the full-length zip. Finished with three small rear pockets, there's storage for nutrition or other race essentials.
- Type.429: A comfortable, lightly compressive textile used for the lower half, engineered with expertise that uses a four-way stretch to maximise the elasticity of the fabric
- Type.157 Stripe: Applied to the torso, this proprietary breathable and stretchy circular knit textile includes built-in UV protection and odorControl
- Push Pull: The sleeves and upper back use Assos-developed Push Pull warp-knit textile with high UV protection (UPF 50+). Highly breathable, this fine gauge knit with bi-stretch is quick-drying and very comfortable
- dyneRope: A high-density woven textile with ripstop weave. Fifteen times stronger than steel, this fibre is blended with a black polyethylene and is strategically placed to protect exposed areas from abrasion
- OFF-ROAD insert: A patented elastic insert interface, with targetted thickness at the rear for optimal comfort and support in the more upright mountain-bike position
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area
- OFF-ROAD grippers: Leg band material delivers a lightly compressive and secure hold, free of silicone
- Raw-cut sleeves: A design that creates the smoothest transition possible between the fabric and skin. More comfort and precise hold with less pressure
- Triple pockets: Our storage design with three smaller-than-standard, flexible pockets optimally located for ease of access
- Full-length zipper: A slim central fastener allows full personal adjustment to temperature and exertion
- XC racingFit: An aerodynamic fit patterned for your body’s upright off-road riding and racing positions