Castelli Espresso 4 Jacket
The Castelli Espresso 4 Jacket isn’t hiding behind any facades, nor is it claiming to be the most aerodynamic, the most waterproof or even the lightest. Castelli describes it as ‘your go-fast-in-July jacket’, and that’s exactly what it does.
The first step to getting out and riding in breezy, rainy climates is to get yourself a jacket that you’ll be comfortable in, so Castelli have squeezed every drop of comfort into the Espresso 4. Gore Windstopper X-Fast fabric has been used to seal out the cold thanks to its water repellent and windproof membrane, whilst the 4-way-stretch construction enhances your freedom of movement, ensuring you can ride in your favourite position without compromising warmth. Stretch inserts around the shoulders further this, allowing you to get down on the drops and sprint without cold air infiltrating your jacket.
Castelli’s CrossWrap lie-flat wrist closures and an elastic band on the tail section of the jacket ensure no hot air escapes on brisk, cold mornings and a soft double-layered collar stops drafts from letting your neck get chilly.
If you do find yourself getting too hot, there’s no need to take off the jacket. Zippered ventilation openings allow greater breathability on the front and act as extra storage space when needed. The zippered chest pocket adds to this storage space, as well as three rear pockets that makes this jacket ideal for long, wet rides where you need multiple energy gels or a pick me up after a few hours.
- Castelli’s fullest-featured jacket for long cold-weather base rides
- Gore® Windstopper® X-Fast fabric is windproof and water repellent with 4-way stretch for freedom of movement
- Stretch inserts at shoulders for extra flexibility in an aggressive riding position
- Zippered chest pocket
- Zippered ventilation openings on front that double as extra storage
- Soft double-layered collar to seal out drafts
- Elastic band on back prevents jacket from riding up
- Full-length YKK® Vislon zipper
- Three rear pockets
- Innovative CrossWrap lie-flat wrist closures
- Reflective piping around waist for 360° visibility
- Weight: 532g (Large)
- Temperatures: 0°-12°C / 32°-53°F