FOX 38 Float Factory 160 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork
The ultimate upgrade for your enduro or heavy-hitting trail bike, the FOX 38 Float Factory 160 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork is built for heart-stopping line choice and boosting bike-park lips. With the progression of mountain biking showing no signs of slowing, a model was required to tackle the severity of the latest EWS tracks - cue the all-new FOX 38. With an all-new 38mm stanchion chassis, the 38 is 20% more torsionally rigid than the 36 and features a revised arch to maximise the stiffness to weight ratio. Packing game-changing technology, the 38 ticks all the boxes for aggressive long-travel riding.
The GRIP2 damper is all a rider could ever need and more, offering near-infinite adjustment combinations to keep even the most demanding of cyclists happy. Variable Valve Control (VVC) tuning for the high-speed rebound and compression circuits improves external modulation, managing with a few clicks of a dial what would usually require a full disassembly. An elliptical steerer further reduces the weight of the fork, placing material only where necessary for optimal stiffness.
The EVOL air spring increases the size of the negative air chamber for improved small bump compliance, enhancing traction and adding plushness to your ride. Bleed valves in the lower legs allow the user to purge built-up air, which keeps the EVOL air spring operating as intended. Lower leg channels flush oil over the foam rings and bushings, improving lubrication as the fork moves through its travel.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 160mm travel
- Lower leg bleeders to equalise pressure build-up
- Revised air/oil channels
- Updated GRIP2 damper now with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control) on HSC and HSR circuits
- Matching 8-click HSC and HSR adjustment on Grip2 forks and X2 shocks
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available
- 15QR x 110mm Boost