Mavic Cosmic SLR 45 Disc Wheelset 2021
With a refined carbon composition and a truly versatile design, the Mavic Cosmic SLR 45 Disc Wheelset is an excellent choice for the rider who requires performance within any scenario, whether that be climbing, sprinting or on a solo break.
The rim is realised in a refined grade of carbon that has had its layup manipulated via Mavic's Fore Carbon Technology to give generous amounts of lateral stiffness while keeping the overall weight to a minimum. This technology further improves the rim's stiffness to weight ratio by linking the spokes directly with co-moulded metal inserts, negating the need for drillings in its upper bridge. This holeless upper bridge format also means that no rim tape is required when using tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres. The carbon material is moulded into a 45mm deep, wind tunnel tuned rim profile that offers the perfect blend of aerodynamic performance and crosswind stability. A 19mm internal rim width interacts perfectly with 25mm to 32mm wide tyres, aiding them in achieving lowered rolling resistance and heightened comfort.
Infinity hubs provide a stable spoke anchoring platform to help realise increased power transfer and disc brake modulation. These hubs feature automatic bearing preload adjustment to heighten the durability of the smooth-spinning bearings while the Instant Drive 360 freehub affords an instant response to pedalling input. Aerodynamic spokes complete the build via reliable, two-cross lacing patterns.
- Mavic Cosmic SLR 45 Disc Wheelset
- Front QR adapters
- UST tubeless-ready tyre valves and accessories
- User guide
- A tremendously versatile wheelset that performs exceptionally within any road riding scenario
- Full carbon rim uses Fore Carbon Technology to heighten lateral stiffness and reduce weight
- NACA wind tunnel tuned 45mm deep rim profile reduces aerodynamic drag markedly but is also highly stable in crosswinds
- Fore Carbon Technology improves rim strength to weight ratio by attaching spokes directly, negating the need for drilled holes in the upper rim bridge
- The solid upper rim bridge means that no rim tape is required, saving 30 grams
- 19mm internal rim width lowers tyre rolling resistance and improves comfort
- Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatible
- Infinity hubs are light, increase power transfer and improve disc brake modulation by optimising spoke tensions
- Infinity hubs are light and increase power transfer by optimising spoke tensions
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- Patented elliptical aero spokes are strong and dependable and reduce drag by five watts per wheel
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: 100% carbon fibre made with Fore Carbon technology
- Rim profile: Wide NACA
- Rim finish: Naked carbon, satin surface
- Rim depth: 45mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- External rim width: 26mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, elliptical aero, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Hubs: Front - Mavic Infinity Disc Brake / Rear - Mavic Infinity Disc Brake with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm to 32mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front - 670 grams / Rear - 800 grams / Wheelset - 1470 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.