Tacx Boost Turbo Trainer Bundle
Combining a quiet and powerful resistance unit and a Garmin speed sensor, this Tacx Boost Turbo Trainer Bundle opens up the opportunity for the rider to train with increased effectiveness via numerous compatible training apps.
The 1.65kg flywheel unit combines with the traditional on-wheel format to deliver smooth magnetic resistance and a sensation akin to riding outside on real roads. The brake unit's 1050 watt maximum resistance means that all manner of high-intensity interval training sessions can be completed. This resistance level can be adjusted between ten different levels via the sturdy, handlebar-mounted lever.
An included Garmin speed sensor is easy to install on the rear wheel axle and communicates with tablets, smartphones and computers via the ANT+ and Bluetooth protocols. Once connected, this speed sensor integrates with the Tacx Virtual Power software so that training with apps such as Tacx Training and Zwift is accurate, reliable and fully immersive.
The trainer's sturdy frame is compatible with road and mountain bikes via the included 5mm QR skewer and adapters and axles can be purchased separately if using a thru-axle compatible bike.
A free one-month subscription to the Tacx training app completes this comprehensive training bundle.
A durable hard wearing turbo trainer specific tyre is recommended.
- Tacx Boost turbo trainer
- Garmin ANT+ and Bluetooth speed sensor
- Front-wheel support
- 5mm quick-release lever that mates into the indoor trainer clamp system (for road bikes and mountain bikes) Please note, a separate thru-axle will be needed to use this trainer with disc brake bikes
- One month subscription of the Tacx Premium software
- A no-fuss, powerful turbo trainer teams up with a Garmin speed sensor for more effective training
- No external power source is required
- The powerful magnetic brake unit has a traditional wheel-on format
- A 1.65kg flywheel generates a realistic road feel and consistent resistance
- The 1050 watt maximum resistance level is suitable for the hardest interval training
- Ten resistance levels are controlled by a neat handlebar-mounted control unit
- The included Garmin ANT+ and Bluetooth speed sensor allows the rider to take advantage of the Tacx Virtual Power software and training apps such as Tacx Training and Zwift
- The closed resistance unit muffles sound for a quiet workout
- The sturdy frame has a small footprint and can be folded away for storage
- The included quick-release lever clamps into the turbo trainer securely (an additional thru-axle will need to be purchased separately when using thru-axle disc brake bikes)
- Included is a free one-month subscription to the Tacx Premium software
- Type of trainer: Basic trainer with magnetic brake
- Bike suitability: Race bike, triathlon bike and MTB
- Electrical requirements: No mains voltage required
- Bike attachment: Via the supplied QR skewer (Disc brake bikes will need a compatible thru-axle that is available separately)
- Maximum power resistance: 1050 watts
- Maximum torque level: 17Nm
- Maximum brake force: 50N
- Resistance levels: 10
- Resistance control unit: Handlebar-mounted resistance lever
- Flywheel weight: 1.6kg
- Mass inertia: 9.18kg / 20.2lbs
- Wireless communication: ANT+ and Bluetooth (via the included Garmin speed sensor)
- Speed sensor pairing devices: Bike computer, computer, smartphone, sports watch, tablet (all must have either ANT+ or Bluetooth receiving capabilities)
- Power calculation software: Tacx Virtual Power
- Complete unit footprint: 675mm x 650mm / 26.6" × 25.6" (length x width)
- Unit height: 410mm / 16.1"
- Dimension when folded: 565 × 410 × 245 mm / 22.2" × 16.1" × 9.65"
- Total manufacturer claimed weight: 8.53kg / 18.8 lbs