absoluteBLACK Premium Race Oval Shimano 4 Bolt Outer Chainring
Ride with the power and efficiency of a pro with absoluteBLACK Premium Race Oval Shimano 4 Bolt Outer Chainring. Optimised around leg physiology, this oval chainring produces three key benefits of fresher relaxed legs, higher average speed efforts uphill and reduced risks of cramps for a more enjoyable ride.
Would you be surprised that an oval chainring feels more round than the standard? Well, it has been proven that the elliptical shape of these chainrings utilise more muscle groups, whilst reducing peak loads and stress on knee joints, enabling maintained maximum effort and higher speeds for longer durations. So with less effort required and reduced chances of cramps and muscle fatigue this chainring is the perfect match for hill climbing cyclists.
Designed with smoother shifting in mind, this Premium Race Oval Chainring has been constructed with smooth angled surfaces on the inside, unlike most machine cut chainrings, this delivers improved chain conversions. And additionally, enables the utilisation of a ramp and recess design providing additional seamless gear transitions and chain stability even under load.
The six upshifting ramps and 12 down shifting points provide quick and efficient gear changes, and with a simplified design, this sleek chainring eliminates the need for derailleur modification. Proving to be one of the world's finest oval chainrings.
Stuck on choice
- 50T outer chainring: Choose this size if you ride for pleasure or sportive events. This is the most versatile and comfortable size.
- 52T outer chainring: If you race and feel strong, it's the classic outer chainring size and a great option for experienced riders.
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, Shimano 105 5800, Tiagra 4700. Di2
- SRM and other power meters
- For the outer chainring please order long bolts or bolt covers. Changing the inner chainring to oval only? Use original bolts.
- Material: CNC machined 7075 Txxx aluminium, type 2 anodising
- Weight: 154g
- Attachment: 4 bolt, 110 BCD
- Long lasting construction
- Six upshifting ramps
- 12 downshifting points
- Smooth angled surfaces
- Ram and recess solution
- Optimised to each size separately
- Doesn't require front derailleur modification
- Ideal for road climbs
- Shimano compatible