Altra Escalante Racer Running Shoes
Previously limited to Altra's professionals for their biggest events, the Altra Escalante Racer Running Shoes are now available to all athletes, offering heightened race-day performance for PB and podium chasing efforts.
The race-tuned EGO with InnerFlex midsole had been designed with a slightly firmer foam composition to increase return and response for a most lively stride sensation. Despite this firmer format, ample cushioning is still guaranteed over unforgiving road surfaces. This midsole is realised with a Balance Cushioning format that positions the heel and forefoot equally above the ground and a FootShape toe box that allows the bones of the feet to spread naturally. Together, these two traits work to avoid overpronation and increase stability and power.
A FootPod technology rubber outsole flexes inline with the foot's structure and is highly grippy, whatever the surface conditions. The upper is made from engineered static mesh, and this offers a perfect blend of low weight, plushness and high breathability.
- Previously limited to Altra’s pro athletes, these shoes are built for the quickest performances in races
- Race-tuned EGO with InnerFlex midsole is plush but a touch firmer for increased return and response
- The Balanced Cushioning midsole platform positions the heel and forefoot an equal distance above the ground to encourage optimum form and low impact landings
- FootShape toe box allows the toes to naturally spread out for extra stability and power
- FootPod Technology rubber outsole provides flex in exactly the right areas and is highly grippy
- The engineered static mesh upper offers the perfect combination of comfort, low weight, and breathability
- Midsole cushioning: Low
- Stack height: 22mm
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 293 grams, per shoe, size UK 8