Assos Equipe RSR S9 Targa Bib Short
The Assos Equipe RSR S9 Targa Bib Short targets aerodynamic performance, using a combination of Type.701kompressor fabric with Ossidia inserts to provide a compressive and comfortable second-skin style fit. The leg length is slightly longer than EQUIPE RS and MILLE GT shorts, with silicone SkinGrip compressive leg bands that smooth the transition from short to leg for less drag.
Quick-drying carbon Xbib straps with A-Lock Engineering extend down the rear of the short to hold the chamois in place, keeping it stabilised whether grinding uphill in the saddle or sprinting for the finish line. The EQUIPE RS s9 Sundeck insert is small and unobtrusive, yet proved fantastic levels of comfort thanks to its meticulous, layered design. 9mm of thermoformed SuperAir foam and 3D Waffle provides the padding without wrinkling or creasing whilst the Sundeck Superlight top layer is soft against the skin and wicks away any moisture. The Whirlcrater perforations throughout the various layers ensure a good flow of air, helping both moisture management and temperature regulation.
Comfort is further enhanced by the goldenGate design, which enables the pad to move with the body rather than the short. This is achieved by only stitching the pad in at the front and rear, allowing more flexibility than is usual.
- Second-skin aerodynamics
- Increased performance, comfort and compression
- Type.701kompressor fabric with Ossidia inserts
- UPF 50+ UV and odour resistant
- aeroFit with longer legs than EQUIPE RS and MILLE GT
- A-Lock Engineering with rollBar bib straps, modified ergoBox and one-piece Butterfly panel
- Carbon Xbib to stabilise the chamois and decrease drying time
- SkinGrip compressive leg bands with silicone grip for smooth transition from short to leg
- EQUIPE RS s9 Sundeck insert with odour-resistant topsheet
- Shock-Absorb Damping System Mono 9 with 9mm of compressive foam material and 3D Waffle insert
- goldenGate stitching allows the pad to move with the body
- Whirlkrater perforations for increased airflow through the pad