Assos UMA GTC C2 Womens Bib Short
For long-distance comfort on tarmac or gravel, look no further than the UMA GTC C2 Womens Bib Short from Assos.
The short is based around an UMA GTC C2 pad which has 9mm of thermoformed foam built up in a three-layer waffle construction with perforations for breathability. This insert is only attached to the short at the front and rear, as per the goldenGate concept, so that it can float with the body whilst pedalling for less irritation and fewer hotspots.
Assos’ tried and tested Type.429 fabric offers light compression, UV protection and breathability with the added bonus of odorControl on longer adventures. One large and two small thigh pockets give some extra storage capacity and the Bunny Hop fabric on the sides provides added abrasion resistance in case of trailside vegetation or a tumble. The bib straps are held in place using magnetic clasps so that toilet breaks are a lot easier and the silicone leg grippers have been beefed up for off-road duties.
- bisiClick: Twin magnetic closures anchor the bib straps. Intuitive to connect and release, but secure enough to prevent unintentional unclasping
- Silicone Leg Grippers: A more robust, gravel-ready version of Assos’ Lycra leg and design that grips the thigh without bulky grip applique
- Triple Ramp Pockets: Three thigh pockets secure ride essentials with an integrated lid of elastic textile
- Type.429 fabric wraps with a lightly compressive hold for a streamlined, breathable fit with odorControl and UPF 50+
- Side panels of Bunny Hop add a barrier against abrasion
- Shock-Absorb Damping Mono 9: Compressive foam layers in a 9mm endurance platform
- Thermoformed shaping reduces ridges and irritation
- goldenGate: The stitching pattern anchors the front and back but lets the insert’s body float, letting it move with the body rather than against it
- 3D Waffle: A patented, three-layer, perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight