Castelli BTW Speed Suit
The Castelli BTW Speed Suit is all about going fast. Developed to be the fastest road suit to date, extensive cutting-edge research has gone into the design, both in the lab and in the real world of pro racing. Engineered to minimise drag, dimpled fabric is used in the shoulders and sleeves, while the smooth body material reduces friction. At higher speeds there is a claimed three percent drag reduction compared to the Sanremo Speed Suit. There's no sacrifice to comfort in the quest for speed however, and the BTW is highly breathable and stretchy.
At the core is a Progetto X2 Air seamless seat pad for all-day comfort without excess bulk. Raw-cut edges to the leg hems created a smooth transition between material and skin, and to the back are two rear pockets, with sleeves for your race numbers. The suit is finished with a two-way zip, making it easier to pull on and remove, or simply allow you a blast of fresh air.
- CFD and significant testing create the fastest road racing suit, optimised for high speeds when the race splits apart
- Made to be the fastest option for high-speed road racing
- Dimpled shoulder and sleeve fabric for boundary-layer aerodynamics
- Smooth body for reduced skin friction and laminar flow
- Premio-based short portion for aero comfort
- Progetto X2 Air seamless seat pad for all-day comfort
- Two-way YKK® zipper
- Lasered tone-on-tone logos at back of leg and stitched scorpion patch at top of back
- Sleeves to hold numbers over two rear pockets
- Recommended temperature range: 14-32°C / 57-90°F
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 228 grams (medium)