A windstopper fabric that is water-resistant, breathable and stretchy to ensure a comfortable fit.
Easy to use, this durable zipper provides a secure closure, ensuring fit is not compromised.
Adding further protection from the elements, keeping moisture from seeping into the garment.
Allowing for stretch, improving comfort and fit. This fabric also improves breathability and temperature regulation.
Castelli Gabba RoS Short Sleeve Jersey
The jersey that started a revolution and catapulted Castelli back to the forefront of cycling clothing, the Gabba RoS Short Sleeve means not having to choose between race fit and weather protection. Originally conceived to provide professional riders with a better option for racing in bad weather, the concept proved extremely popular and the jersey is now in its 4th iteration.
It uses two different grades of GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER®, with the warmer 205 on the front and more flexible, breathable 203 to the rear. Both of these offer total windproofing along with a high degree of water resistance and the critical, forward-facing shoulder seams are taped to further impede water ingress. Along with the high neck and close-fitting sleeves, this combination of fabrics protects against the very worst conditions whilst avoiding getting hot and sweaty if the clouds roll away. As it is a garment intended for fast, hard riding it doesn’t provide much in the way of insulation when stopped at a cafe or for roadside repairs so it is best suited to non-stop rides and a full waterproof might still be worth carrying for longer outings or if prolonged wet weather looks probable.
Luckily, the two large rear pockets provide plenty of space for storing extra layers, and the size of the pockets makes access when wearing gloves easier. There is an internal sleeve for keeping a pump separate which is also handy for keeping a house or car key from getting caught up with clothes or nutrition.
- Castelli exclusive GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 205 Warm brushed water-resistant fabric on front-facing surfaces
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 203 Stretch on rear-facing surfaces for extra stretch and breathability
- Taped shoulder seams for extra rain protection
- YKK® Vislon® zipper for easy sliding, covered for extra wind and rain protection
- Two rear pockets with pump sleeve are easily accessed with gloved hands
- Dropped tail with large black reflective panel
- Manufacturer's recommended temperature range: 9°-16°C / 48°-61°F
- Manufacturer's claimed weight: 255 grams, size medium