Colnago Concept Road Frameset
Taking the name of renowned Italian bike manufacturer Colnago's first carbon bike of 1986, the Concept is the ultimate aero road machine. This frameset is the ideal core for building up your dream bike, and every detail has been considered to ensure top aerodynamic performance and a stiff, stable and responsive ride, while comfort remains high enough for long days in the saddle. The monocoque carbon fibre frame and fork ensure precise handling and optimum aero integration, while the seatpost and internal seat clamp further cut drag and keep the aesthetics sleek. The head tube shape is borrowed from the K.ZERO time trial bike and allows air to flow more smoothly around the frame. Designed to damp vibrations, the headset has replaceable cups that are constructed from a carbon composite and a special polymer that isolate the fork from the frame. A carbon layup in the fork steerer tube adds a little extra flex.
The frameset is designed for direct-mount brakes, and a ThreadFit 82.5 bottom bracket standard combines the benefits of press-fit and threaded systems, namely increased stiffness, reliability and ease of use. Compatible with both electronic and mechanical groupsets, versatility is high, and cables are routed internally for clean looks and improved shifting and aero performance. As the popularity of wider tyres has increased, Colnago have adapted, and you can fit tyres up to 28mm wide, with the seat tube effectively shielding the rear wheel from the wind.
- The monocoque frame is designed for power and speed, with a superior aerodynamic performance
- Carbon monocoque fork offers greater precision when cornering. The straight blades are thinly shaped, providing the cyclist with excellent responsiveness and accuracy while riding. This gives a considerable aerodynamic advantage compared to a fork with a traditional design
- The headset is designed to fit seamlessly into the frame, filters out road vibrations and provides the front with supreme comfort levels
- Fully integrated seatpost for aerodynamics. The seatpost clamp is an integral part of the top tube providing a sleek pristine silhouette and an utterly streamlined shape
- ThreadFit 82.5 bottom bracket standard
- Internal cable routing
- Compatible with both mechanical and electronic groupsets
- Direct-mount braking system
- Clearance for 28mm tyres
- Frame weight approximately: 990 grams
- Fork weight approximately: 400 grams
|FRAME||Colnago Concept, monocoque carbon fibre|
|FORK||Straight carbon monocoque front fork|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||ThreadFit 82.5 standard (not included)|
|SEATPOST||Colnago Concept aero carbon|
|INCLUDED||Frame / fork / headset / seatpost|
Colnago Concept Road Frameset Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.