Continental GP5000 Clincher Tyre
To improve on something that many feel is near perfect is a tough ask, yet Continental has achieved this with the GP5000 Clincher Tyre. Boasting 12% lower rolling resistance, 20% better puncture protection, and a 10-gram lower weight in the 25c width, compared to the Grand Prix 4000S II, comfort is significantly improved, and you can expect faster times and smoother rolling. Be it racing or training, this tyre is a great choice and is packed with technology.
Take corners at high speeds in complete confidence, thanks to Lazer grip technology - a micro profile structure that expands over the tyre's shoulders. BlackChili compound is responsible for the supreme grip, low rolling resistance and improved longevity so you can enjoy these tyres mile after mile. Revolutionary Active Comfort Technology damps vibration to smooth out the roughest roads, while a Vectran breaker is tear-resistant and will ensure more time on the road and less making repairs. All this comes in a lightweight package, with the 25c coming in at just 215 grams.
- Clincher tyre
- Lazer grip technology: Lasered micro profile structure expands over the tyre’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering
- Active Comfort Technology: The revolutionary approach in cycling. Embedded in the tyre construction, it absorbs vibrations and smooths your ride
- BlackChili compound: The legendary compound on a whole new level. Made for excellent grip, higher mileage and efficient rolling
- Vectran Breaker: The synthetically produced high tech fibre, extremely tear-resistant for minimal weight. The reference in puncture protection, stronger and more protective than ever
- TPI: 3/330
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 700 x 23c - 200 grams / 700 x 25c - 215 grams / 700 x 28c - 235 grams / 700 x 32c - 290 grams