Continental Grand Prix 4000S II Clincher Tyre
The Grand Prix 4000S II is a premium clincher tyre from Continental that has become one of the most popular options in its class.
The BlackChilli compound is a mixture of natural and synthetic rubber, developed to provide superb grip without causing unnecessary rolling resistance. This compound is unique to German manufacturer Continental's premium road tyres and delivers 26% less rolling resistance than their previous best Activated Silica compound, with excellent road-feel too.
Handmade in Germany, these clincher tyres feature Vectran breaker technology; a synthetic multi-strand thread that provides great puncture protection while maintaining supple compression capabilities for on the road comfort.
Lightweight at just 225 grams in the 25C version, they're a great option for climbing. Fast enough for racing and durable enough to last thousands of kilometres, the 4000S II from Continental is a premium all-rounder.
- Clincher tyre
- Bead: folding
- Weight: 20C (185 grams), 23C (215 grams), 25C (225 grams), 28C (235 grams)
- Recommended inflation pressure (23C version): 110-120psi
- Maximum inflation pressure (23C version): 120psi
- BlackChilli compound, providing low rolling resistance, immense puncture protection and high levels of wet weather grip
- Vectran breaker technology. A mixture of fibres and hi-tech liquid polymer yarn, claimed to be stronger than steel, to deliver bullet proof puncture resistance
- New colours, new design yet still continuing on from the Grand Prix 4000S, with Continental's tried and tested technology
- Handmade in Germany