ENVE 4.5 AR SES Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King R45 Hubs
By teaming up with Team Dimension Data, ENVE has pioneered a wheelset that was originally conceptualised for the Paris-Roubaix. With excellent control and stability, the 4.5 AR SES Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King R45 Hubs present a rebellious design prepared to split from conventional tarmac roads to more challenging and exciting terrains.
Reinventing the wheel, ENVE has taken advantage of greater tyre clearances and disc brakes that modern frames offer, enabling an optimised design that encompasses a revised curvature with increased widths perfect for 28mm tyres. The front rim has been constructed with a shallower and wider profile to remain stable in crosswinds, whilst the rear rim is narrower and deeper to reduce drag. With front and rear rim designs dissimilar to each other, ENVE has developed a wheelset that cuts through the air effortlessly whilst remaining aerodynamic.
With modern disc brakes becoming ever more popular and reliable, ENVE has optimised these disc-specific rims to accommodate the powerful braking force of disc brakes. With improved strength, the rims provide increased lateral stiffness for reduced flex under braking load and unprecedented ride experience.
Compatibility with tubeless tyres means you can get even more out of these game-changing wheels. With the ability to run lower pressures without compromising speed, a tubeless setup with these wheels means improved comfort, greater traction and a significant reduction in the possibilities of pinch puncture or debris punctures.
Chris King R45 hubs at the heart of these rims provide a perfect match with superb ride quality and performance, making this wheelset a desirable upgrade.
- 2 x valve stems
- 1 x roll of tape (good for taping 3 wheels)
- 2 x Pressure Relief Valve Stem NutsTubeless Kit (Clincher only)
- Accessory Bag
- Wheel Manual
- Wheelbuild Card
- Weight: 1544 grams (pair), 836 grams (rear), 708 grams (front)
- Rim depth: 49mm (front), 55mm (rear)
- Internal width: 25mm
- External width: 31mm (front), 30.5mm (rear)
- Hole count: 24
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend, two cross lace pattern
- Effective rim diameter: 558mm (front), 547mm (rear)
- Aero optimised tyre size: 28c
- Material: Carbon
- Brake compatibility: Centre lock disc brakes
- Compatibility: Shimano and Sram 10/11-speed
- Hubs: Chris King R45, thru-axle
- Front axle compatibility: Thru axle 100 x 12mm
- Rear axle compatibility: Thru axle 142 x 12mm
- FIVE-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty and Lifetime Loyalty Guarantee.
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.