ENVE SES 2.3 Disc Brake Wheelset
With a claimed weight of less than 1,200 grams, the ENVE SES 2.3 Disc Brake Wheelset is an incredibly impressive achievement, perfect for steep hills and big mountains.
The front and rear rims are 28mm and 32mm deep respectively, so still provide some aerodynamic advantage but won't be troubled by blustery conditions. By continuously running carbon fibre strands throughout the rim, along with other measures, the weight has been significantly reduced without impacting strength or performance.
The 21mm internal width is ideal for use with tyres around 27mm wide and the hookless design should help to eliminate any chance of a pinch puncture. Although an inner tube can be used if required, the rims are only suitable for tubeless-ready tyres.
The ever-excellent Sapim CX-Ray spokes hold the ENVE Premium Road Disc hub in place, helping comfort, strength and power transfer. The hubs feature full stainless steel bearings with Perfect Preload technology that increases resistance to water ingress and corrosion whilst also reducing the amount of maintenance required.
- Tubeless-ready, hookless
- May run inner tubes with tubeless tyres
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim ERD (Effective Rim Diameter): Front - 578, rear - 571
- Rim Depth: Front - 28mm, rear - 32mm
- Internal Rim Width: 21mm
- External Rim Width: 25mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke Count: Front - 24, rear - 24
- Hubs: ENVE Premium Road Disc
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: Thru-axle 12x100mm
- Rear Axle: Thru-axle 12x142mm
- Recommended Tyre Size: 27mm (minimum 25mm)
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 540 grams, rear - 657 grams, wheelset - 1,197 grams (ENVE hub with XDR driver)
- Compatibility: SRAM, Shimano Campagnolo