ENVE SES 7.8 Thru Axle Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs
ENVE's SES 7.8 Thru Axle Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs are ready to help you perform at your peak, and are lightweight, strong and aerodynamic.
Powerful stopping in both wet and dry conditions is not the only benefit of a disc brake road bike setup. With no need for a brake track, ENVE has been able to redesign the rim profile and remove the material used for heat management, resulting in a 40 - 60 gram reduction in weight per rim. Although similar in overall weight to the rim brake version, mass is shifted into the hub for increased responsiveness as well as improved lateral stiffness and higher resistance to impact.
Precision engineering and high-quality materials feature in Chris King's R45 hubs. With a lightweight body and 45 teeth in the RingDrive system, drag is reduced and engagement almost instant. Transferring power efficiently, these hubs feature made-in-house steel bearings; these are what make the real difference between Chris King hubs and the competition. With a supremely smooth ride feel, both bearings and hubs can be serviced and re-built for years of demanding use.
The deep section rims, of 71mm front and 80mm rear, are incredibly aerodynamic and these wheels dramatically reduce drag, essential on time trials and triathlons where every second can make the difference to your position. Optimised for 25mm tyres and tubeless-ready, you can easily switch to a tubeless setup and run lower tyre pressures, adding comfort and traction and enhancing efficiency, while reducing the chance of roadside repairs.
- The fastest carbon fibre Smart ENVE System aero wheel
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Disc-specific construction with no brake tracks
- Chris King R45 hubs
- All-new rim profiles of 71mm and 80mm
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
- ENVE valve extender
- 700c ENVE Rim Strip
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 71mm (front) / 80mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 19mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 29mm (front) / 27.5mm (rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 516mm (front) / 504mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23mm - 28mm)
- Rotor mounting: Centre lock
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub
- Shimano/SRAM compatible
- Front axle compatibility: Thru axle 100 x 12mm
- Rear axle compatibility: Thru axle 142 x 12mm
- Claimed rim weight: 514 grams (front) / 549 grams (rear) / 1063 grams (wheelset)
- Approximate weight: 755 grams (front) / 902 grams (rear) / 1657 grams (wheelset)
PRODUCT REF: 819712
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more