Garmin Edge 1040 GPS Cycling Computer
Designed to provide premium training insights and unrivalled navigation, the Garmin Edge 1040 GPS Cycling Computer is an intuitive choice to enhance your rides. A first for Garmin, this cycle unit features multi-band GNSS technology to improve its GPS signal, even in areas with compromised coverage, making it the perfect pairing for an off-the-grid adventure.
Smart training features highlight your strengths and weaknesses, helping you to reach peak performance, whilst the stamina feature offers a real-time insight into your remaining energy levels when used with a compatible heart rate sensor. The battery life is extensive, offering up to 35 hours of juice when under heavy use, allowing you to explore further and ride longer. Whatever your cycling discipline may be, this model will surely benefit your rides, with terrain-specific maps highlighting popular roads, trails and points of interest.
- Edge® 1040
- Mounts (standard and out-front)
- USB cable
- Advanced GPS bike computer combines superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, cycling awareness and smart connectivity
- Power your longest rides with up to 35 hours of battery life in demanding use cases plus up to 70 hours in battery saver mode
- Find your way in the most challenging environments with multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy
- A simplified setup and a streamlined interface make it quick and easy to access the information, courses and tools you need and even adjust data fields right from the Edge® device or from your paired smartphone
- Classify your strengths as a cyclist, and compare your cycling ability to the demands of a specific course, so you can focus your training and improvement in the right areas
- Manage your efforts with the power guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course
- Get stamina feature insights while you ride, so you can keep an eye on how much longer you can push it
- Stay on top of your training program with prompts to complete missed workouts
- Ride like a local, whatever your bike type, with improved ride type-specific maps that highlight popular roads and trails plus searchable points of interest
- Connect with your favourite smart-device apps and platforms, including Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks® and many more
- Receive on-device ride and workout recommendations based on your current training load and VO2 max
- Manage your efforts on long climbs with the ClimbPro feature, which shows remaining ascent and grade when you’re climbing while following a route or course
- Get training guidance by syncing structured indoor or outdoor workouts to your device from the Garmin Connect™ app or other apps, including TrainingPeaks®and TrainerRoad
- Track jump count, jump distance and hang time with mountain bike (MTB) dynamics
- Other MTB features include Grit, which rates the difficulty of a ride, and Flow, which measures how smoothly you descend a trail so you have a score to beat next time
- Cycling awareness features give loved ones peace of mind; get incident detection and assistance — both of which send your real-time location to emergency contacts (when paired with a compatible smartphone) — plus compatibility with Varia™ rearview radar and lights
- Get the insight you need to stay fueled, mile after mile - Edge 1040 will notify you when it’s time to hydrate or eat
- Dimensions: 59.3 x 117.6 x 20.0mm / 2.3″ x 4.6″ x 0.8″
- Display Size: 88.9mm / 3.5″ diagonal
- Display Resolution: 282 x 470 pixels
- Weight: 126 grams / 4.4 oz
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".