Garmin Edge 520 GPS Cycle Computer
The Garmin Edge 520 GPS Cycle Computer features live in-ride Strava segments (Strava Premium membership required), so you can really get competitive in your riding and not have to wait until you get back home to crown yourself QOM or KOM. The new optimised display has been maximised in relation to the device's size, so you get the clearest possible readout while you ride.
ANT+ compatibility is also fundamental to the 520's integrated performance. The 520 can be paired with the Varia bike radar, ANT+ enabled lights, speed and cadence sensors and heart rate monitors as well as the VIRB action camera (all sold separately). It can also be paired with your Di2 electronic shifting system so your current gear can be displayed on-screen. ANT+ power meters can also be paired with the 520 for in-ride power readouts.
As if this wasn't enough data at your fingertips, the Edge 520 also reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate monitors. When integrated with Garmin's Vector or Vector 2 pedals the Edge 520 can provide functional threshold power and watts per kilograms so you can train more efficiently.
When paired with your Smartphone and the Garmin Connect mobile app, the Edge 530 can offer live tracking, and provide you with message and call alerts and weather updates, and allow social media sharing.
Need some motivation to get through those lonely miles on the indoor trainer? The Edge 520 delivers, with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let’s say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on your Edge 520, start pedalling, and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 screen shows your stats.
You can also follow a course that you or another rider created, and race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting the resistance to match the elevation profile. Why even leave the house?
When you do venture outside, the rugged form factor and 15+ hours of battery life make the Edge 520 perfect for even the most extreme of off-road excursions, and with GPS/GLONASS satellite signalling, getting lost will be a thing of the past.
Although the Edge 520 can be set up for automatic uploads of your activity, when you finish your ride you can connect the Edge 520 to Garmin's Connect service where you can track, map and upload all of your routes and data while also uploading it to other third party services.
Included in the box:
- Edge 520 Computer
- Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
- USB cable
- Heart rate monitor and speed and cadence sensors are sold separately
- Offers in-ride challenges through Strava live segments
- Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate
- Pairs with compatible ANT+® indoor trainers for data display and control
- Tracks Functional Threshold Power (FTP), watts/kg and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ or Vector 2 power meters
- Connected features: automatic uploads, live tracking, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing, weather
- Weight 60 grams
- Dimensions: 4.9 x 7.3 x 2.1 cm
- Screen dimensions: 3.5 x 4.7 cm
- Display resolution: 200 x 265 pixels