HED Jet 9 Black Standard Rear
With the Hed Jet 9 Black Standard Rear Wheel you are getting a wheel that has been designed and built purely for aerodynamics and speed. Smash your best times on a wheel that has taken its riders to Tour de France and World Championship time trial wins.
The 'Plus' aluminium clincher rim is a 25mm wide platform to widen the rim-to-tyre interface and enhance tyre sidewall stability, dramatically reducing rolling resistance and increasing grip in corners. The other benefit is added comfort over rough road surfaces which ultimately results in increased speed.
Clincher tyre use is optimised thanks to the 'hybrid' construction technology; the HED aluminium 'Plus' black rim is coupled with an aerodynamically sculpted UD carbon 'skin'. The carbon section is 90mm in depth, reducing drag, while “Stability Control Technology” (SCT) allows this deep section rim to stay stable in cross winds and other riding conditions, increasing its versatility.
The black rim finish with HED's 'Turbine Technology' has a textured, integrated braking surface with exceptional stopping power; 25% better in the dry and 70% in the wet. With the black finish being integrated into the rim material at an early stage of the manufacturing process, rim life is increased.
The aerodynamic Sapim CX-Ray spokes join the rim to the Sonic Black hubset. 24 spokes in a 2-cross pattern increase lateral stiffness. The hubset features high grade ABEC 5 stainless bearings rolling around oversized axles to reduce mechanical drag and to increase bearing life. Every rider is catered for with Shimano/SRAM and Campagnolo compatibility.
- Includes: Tubeless rim tape / titanium quick release skewer / valve extender
- Tyre and inner tube NOT included
- Material: (inner rim, braking surface) aluminum, (aero section) carbon fibre
- Rim Type: Clincher
- Rim width: 25mm (external), 21mm (internal)
- Rim Depth: 90mm
- Hub: Hed Sonic Black
- Hub Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM & Campagnolo 9/10/11-speed
- Spokes: Aero profiled Sapim CX-Ray black
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Nipple Material: Aluminium
- Recommended Brake Pad: Standard alloy pad
- Skewer: Titanium
- Powertap Option: Yes
- Track Option: Yes
- Wheel size: 700c
- Recommended Tire Size: 22mm+
- Includes: Titanium quick release skewer / valve extender / tubeless rim tape
- Please note: Tyre and inner tube NOT included