The world's first custom helmet; introducing the Hexr Helmet. Through years of research, founder Jamie Cook has discovered the key to the best safety is taking into account the head's unique curvature, and this can only be done through 3D printing. Five years of development has led to Hexr developing what they boast as the safest helmet out there.
Your head is scanned using an app that'll create a 30,000 point 3D mesh. Accurate to the nearest micron or, in layman's terms, less than the width of a hair strand, a bespoke honeycomb structure will be created using Selective Laser Sintering (SLS). With single hexagonal cell cores, in the event of impact the cells activate to spread energy. The result is reduced force and less risk of traumatic brain injury.
Polyamide 11 has been used internally for improved heat conduction. When the heat escapes, it's channelled out by cool air flowing through the vents. Aerodynamics are also a high priority in the design, and the expertise of TotalSim, British Cycling’s aerodynamics partner for the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games, were brought to the table, to result in 7 second faster times over 40km than its leading competitors.
You can rest assured that Hexr considers the environment, too. The inner shell is engineered from 100% renewable raw material from castor oil, and sustainable paper is used for packaging. Most importantly, these helmets are only manufactured to order.
Please note: This helmet requires you to visit the Sigma Sports shop for a fitting. Your data will then be sent to Hexr for helmet production.
- The Hexr Helmet is custom-made for a personalised fit through a 30,000 point scan of your heads dimensions and curvature
- Hexr take the data and use Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) to fuse a unique honeycomb structure that’s made from 100% renewable raw material
- Custom colour choices and name engraving available
- Breakthrough safety: With a hexagonal cell at its core, during impact energy is spread and controlled more efficiently and peak force is reduced, along with your risk of traumatic brain injury
- Aerodynamic outer shell: In collaboration with TotalSim - British Cycling’s aerodynamics partner for the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games - the shell has been sculpted to be 7 seconds faster than other leading aero road helmets
- Active thermoregulation: The Polyamide 11 internal structure conducts heat 8x better than foam, and when the heat escapes, it’s vented out by cool air channelled beneath the outer shell
- The inner shell is made from 100% renewable raw materials, using only oil from castor beans
- Custom colour options
Please note: Unless otherwise stated, all bicycle helmets sold on SigmaSports.com are certified with a European CE EN1078 standard. Specific countries may have their own certification, which is legally required. Please check your specific country requirements.
PRODUCT REF: 972306
Buy now, pay later with PayPal Credit
Apply for 0% interest for 4-months on all purchases of £99 or more. Simply select the PayPal Credit button in the
basket. For full details, click here.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more