Hope Technology RD40 Carbon Clincher Centre Lock Disc Rear Wheel
Hand-built in Barnoldswick, Lancashire with the attention to detail that Hope Technology are renowned for, the RD40 Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel is strong and reliable. Suited to both cross and road bike setups, the rim widths of 19mm and 26.5mm, internally and externally respectively, are perfect for larger volume tyres. The tubeless-ready construction means you can convert with the addition of just tape and a valve and run lower tyre pressures for improved protection against punctures and improved performance, ride feel and comfort.
The RS4 hub engages fast for efficient power transfer, and the sealed stainless steel cartridge bearings and forged aluminium shell improve reliability and longevity. Ride faster thanks to the reduced drag 2 pawl ratchet mechanism. 24 Sapim CX-Ray black straight pull spokes lace the hub to the 20FIVE carbon rim. With a rim depth of 40mm, you get a great balance of low weight and aerodynamics.
Offerings of both Shimano/SRAM and Campagnolo freehubs make this a versatile option that will suit all riders on an 11-speed setup. Complete your bike by pairing this wheel with the RD40 Carbon Clincher Centre Lock Disc Front Wheel.
- Hope RD40 Carbon Clincher Centre Lock Disc Rear Wheel
- 135mm QR adapter
- 142x12mm conversion kit
- 700c carbon clincher, tubeless compatible (requires tape and valves)
- Wheel hand-built from start to finish in Barnoldswick
- Strong monocoque, unidirectional carbon fibre construction 20FIVE rim
- Rim width: 19mm internal / 26.5mm external
- Rim depth: 40mm
- Rim ERD: 563mm
- RS4 rear hub features the reduced drag 2 pawl ratchet mechanism
- Stainless steel, sealed cartridge bearings
- Sapim CX-Ray black straight pull spokes and brass nipples
- Spoke count: 24
- Centre lock disc brake compatible only
- 11-speed Shimano and Campagnolo freehub body options
- Rim weight: 429 grams
- Wheel weight: 841 grams
- Includes: 135mm QR and 142x12mm conversion kits
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".