Kinesis Racelight Aithien Evo Frameset
Upgrade your frameset for a lightweight racing machine that delivers in rigid performance, speed and stability. The Kinesis Racelight Aithein Evo Frameset proves to be an agile racing frame, fit for leisure weekend rides or competing for the top spot in local criterium races.
Kinesis international have dedicated their time to manufacturing an aluminium frame that is incredibly respondent and rigid, thanks to the implementation of their Kinesium aluminium and unique Super-Plastic Formed (SPF) seat tube.
Super-Plastic Forming results in lightweight tubing versatile enough to form accurate and specific shapes, which allowed Kinesis to design a unique seat tube with a wider bottom bracket shell to reduce flex and maximise power output, perfect for high-speed sprints. The particular shape of the Antigravity seat tube additionally increases the core strength of the frame, achieving less torsional strain within the main frame tubing, enabling the use of lightweight Kinesium aluminium that boasts to be 25% stronger than 6061 aluminium.
Achieving precision control, the featured angular contact bearings sit within a larger crown for reduced braking flex, whilst slackening the head tube angle for sharper responses and control. With carbon forks, this frame slices through the air and powers through races with less flex, and increasingly compliant performance.
The increased tyre clearance means you can now fit 28mm tyres onto this stylish racing machine, so you can experience the benefits of increased traction and greater comfort throughout your leisure rides or races.
Finessed with style, this laser-etched decal frame features internal cable routing for a cleaner appearance. With an anodised finish, this incredibly efficient alloy frame will have heads turning.
- Headset: Both bearings are ‘ACB’, meaning ‘Angular Contact Bearings’. The head-tube bearing seat angle is 45º. The larger lower bearing allows a tapered steerer and larger crown. This gives a stronger fork with a sharper response and helps reduce flex under braking.
- Bottom bracket: BSA threaded bottom bracket, now standard on the Aithein Evo, is designed to be used with a 24mm spindle but works with 30mm spindles using a Praxis M30 BSA bottom bracket.
- Kinesium: Developed by Kinesis International, Kinesium is a superb tubing for use in lightweight, high-performance frames. Kinesium is enhanced 6000 series Aluminium alloy, which is 25% stronger than 6061 at the same weight level.
- SPF: Super-Plastic Formed tubing. SPF is the modern version of ‘Hydroforming’, using higher temperatures to produce complicated shapes in thinner wall tubing, resulting in lighter weight tubing that can be formed to make the frame perform exactly as we require.
- Fork: The Aithein uses a specially developed 330g monocoque carbon, tapered 1.5” fork.
- Ultra smooth weld profile: This frame is joined using Kinesis developed smooth weld technology, giving tough, stress-free welds and clean appearance.
- Antigravity seat tube: The SPF ‘AntiGravity’ seat-tube gives huge ‘core stability’ to the frame, it means the main tubes are under less torsional strain and can be lighter in weight.
- FSA No.42/ACB headset
- Racelight Aithein Evo Frame
- Monocoque carbon fork
|FRAME||Racelight Aithein Evo, Kinesium 6000 series aluminium|
|FORK||Monocoque carbon fork|
|HEADSET||Integrated, 41.8mmØ upper, 51.8mmØ lower, for taper headtube|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||BSA English threaded BB|
|FRONT MECH||Braze-on fitting|
|BRAKES||Designed for short drop calliper brakes|
|TYRE CLEARANCE||Up to 28mm tyres|
|WEIGHT||1.36kg (53cm frame)|