Knight Composites 50 TLA Carbon Clincher DT 240 Wheelset
With a unique TLA (Tubeless-Aero) rim profile, the Knight Composites 50 Carbon Clincher DT 240 Wheelset makes going tubeless a simple task. A unique centre channel and reduced wall height mean you can install tubeless tyres with ease, using just a track pump with no need for an air compressor. The 'hookless' internal rim locks down the tyre bead with double the sealing surface than that of 'hooked' designs. The benefits are numerous, thanks to the ability to run lower tyre pressures, so you can roll faster and smoother, with increased protection against punctures.
These wheels are fast, and the 50mm deep rim is both aerodynamic and stable in the strongest crosswinds. Collaborating with tyre giants, Schwalbe, they have been optimised for 25mm tyres, which offer the perfect aero profile. Utilising an EPS Moulding System, the internal surface is smooth and consistent, for lightweight construction that is stiff, strong and reliable.
Sapim CX-Ray spokes connect the rims to the DT Swiss 240 hubs. Guaranteeing smooth and fast-rolling, these hubs are also reliable and engage fast for exceptional power transfer. Many riders will be catered for thanks to compatibility with Shimano/SRAM 9,10 and 11-speed setups.
Please note, the manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Tubeless-ready clincher, 700c
- Trailing Edge Aerodynamic Manipulation (T.E.A.M.) creates a faster, more predictable ride
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) moulding system increases strength and stiffness and reduces weight
- Developed in collaboration with Schwalbe
- Manufactured with Knight's patent-pending internal rim profile, making tyre installation easier
- Provides both a pneumatic and mechanical locking system
- Industry-leading sealing surface with an optimised aero profile
- Optimised for 25mm tyre widths
- Material: EPS Moulded Carbon Fibre
- Rim depth: 50mm
- External rim width: 27.5mm
- Internal rim width: 19.5mm
- ERD: 588
- DT Swiss 240 hubs
- Sapim CX Ray spokes
- Spoke count: 20 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Rim weight: 480 grams (approximately)
- Wheelset weight: 1500 grams (approximately)
- Compatible with Shimano/SRAM 9,10 and 11-speed cassettes