Lake CX145 Road Shoes
Sitting somewhere in the middle ground between a summer road shoe and a warm winter boot, Lake’s CX145 Winter Road Shoes offer a waterproof membrane and a high cut to keep the worst of the rain and road spray away, but don’t add any extra insulation. The advantage of this is that the shoe can breathe better so there shouldn’t be any chill-inducing moisture trapped on the inside. Perfect for cool but not freezing days as an alternative to awkward overshoes.
In addition to the membrane, the upper uses waxed canvas and Clarino microfibre for durability, comfort and breathability whilst the stiff sole unit is made from fibreglass injected nylon for pedalling efficiency. The closure is via two side-mounted IP1 BOA® Push/Pull dials which allow the front and rear of the shoe to be adjusted independently so that the toes can be left enough wiggle room to keep warm without reducing the shoes’ security. Lake’s Sport last cradles the foot in a comfortable, efficient manner that reduces hotspots and numbness common on long road rides. They are compatible with three-hole cleat systems so will work with most road pedals.
Please note, these shoes, whilst using waterproof materials, will not keep all water out during downpours or when subjected to heavy road spray.
- Waxed canvas leather upper
- Waterproof membrane for high water resistance
- Road Competition fibreglass injected nylon outsole
- Sport last for higher cadence and longer ride times
- Three-hole cleat compatible
- Comfortable down to 25°F ( -4°C )
- Dual Side mounted IP1 BOA® Push/Pull lacing closure system with releasable guides