Lightweight Fernweg VR 60 Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel
Weighing an impressive 900g and using Lightweight’s innovative approach to construction, the Lightweight Fernweg VR 60 Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel is ready to cut through the wind and keep you performing at your maximum when you’re out on the course. Cutting back the rim depth to 60mm makes this wheel perfect for windy, hilly and winding courses.
First introduced in 2012 with an 80mm depth, specifically for time trials in low-wind conditions, this iteration of the Fernweg provides greater stability and handling on courses than are neither flat, straight and have high winds. This is through the reduction of the rim depth to 60mm, giving them greater control in crosswinds and allowing you to stay in your tucked aero position for longer, whilst other athletes will have to sit up to control their bike.
The VR 60 uses Lightweight’s innovative approach to construction where they sandwich together all the elements around a foam core. Moulded carbon spokes and carbon hubs are a signature of Lightweight’s intention to reduce weight further without affecting durability - allowing you to ramp up the watts without the worry of construction.
- 1 x Lightweight wheel bag
- 2 x pair of Swiss Stop brake pads
- 2 x Lightweight quick release
- 2 x Lightweight tyre lever
- 2 x Lightweight valve extenders (30mm)
- Shimano and SRAM 10/11-speed systems
Please note, latex inner tubes are not suitable for use with Lightweight wheels.
- Optimised aerodynamics in cross-winds
- All-purpose, aerodynamic road wheel
- Number 1 choice for medium- and long-distance triathletes on curvy and windy courses
- Clincher tyres for easy handling
- Redefines braking performance in both dry and wet conditions
- Rim depth: 60mm
- Rim width: 20mm
- Number of spokes: 20
- Optimal tyre width: 23-25mm
- Max overall weight: 120kg
- Weight: 900g
- Compatible with: Shimano/SRAM 10/11-speed systems