Northwave Extreme XCM 2 GTX MTB Shoes
The Extreme XCM 2 GTX MTB Shoes from Northwave have a plethora of features to make riding in the coldest conditions not just bearable, but fun. The Speedlight 3D Carbon sole unit is very stiff for great power transfer and the 2-bolt cleat slots are compatible with most mountain bike pedal systems. The front of the shoe has two studs for extra grip and a rubber toe protector whilst the heel pieces are replaceable if they get too worn. Northwave’s XFrame technology spreads the pressure from the SLW2 dial and laces so that the foot is held firmly in place without any constriction that could interrupt the flow of blood and contribute to cold feet. The dial itself is easy to operate with gloves on and can be released either incrementally or in full.
The upper is made using a Gore-Tex Duratherm Kelvin membrane, making it both warm and waterproof, with the high neoprene Climaflex Gore-Tex Rattler collar helping retain heat and prevent water ingress through the top of the shoe. The Arctic GTX footbed has a four-layer aluminium construction to reflect heat back to the foot, and the top has a fleecy feel for comfort and added warmth. A rubberised coating protects the shoes from knocks and scrapes.
- Triple-density Speedlight 3D Carbon sole with a carbon insert in the pedal area and a stiffness index of 12.0
- Gore-Tex Duratherm upper
- Extra thermal coating strategically placed on the toe
- Highly abrasion-resistant rubber reinforcements ensure 360° protection along the entire upper
- SLW2 dial, the only one with step-by-step and full release in a single button
- Integrated heel system ensures efficient heel retention
- The Arctic GTX footbed with a four-layer aluminium and fleece construction works with the membrane to deliver outstanding warmth and insulation
- 360° reflective inserts
- Toe studs
- Compatible with most 2-bolt MTB pedal systems