Pearl Izumi Race Road v5 Cycling Shoes
A definite step up from entry-level options, the Pearl Izumi Race Road v5 Cycling Shoes are stiff enough to provide a good pedalling platform yet still sufficiently flexible for all-day comfort. The Bi-Directional Boa L6 closure offers 1mm adjustment increments and is easy to alter even whilst riding as the foot warms up and swells. The nylon sole has a carbon midsole to add some extra stiffness and has been drilled for both 3-bolt and 2-bolt cleat systems for versatility.
The Advanced 3-Layer Seamless Composite Upper adapts to each individual foot shape for superb, chafe-free comfort, with the sections of mesh providing good breathability on warm rides. A 1:1 Zero Distraction Upper Fit keeps the pressure points away from the soft tissue along the top of the foot and the seamless upper construction also increases comfort and reduces the risk of hotspots developing. Off the bike, heel and toe protection on the sole increases grip and helps protect the sole unit.
- Unique Bi-Directional Boa® closure pulls the laces from both sides to ensure equal tension across the top of the foot
- Advanced 3-Layer Seamless Composite Upper offers exceptional breathability and eliminates hot spots by adapting to foot shape
- 1:1 Zero Distraction Upper Fit mitigates foot discomfort by avoiding the soft tissue running along the top of the foot
- Bi-directional Closure wraps the foot for a semi-custom fit and secure foot retention
- Boa® L6 reels allow 1mm micro-adjustability and pop up for full release
- 1:1 Composite Power Plate with carbon fibre forefoot insert provides lightweight stiffness and durability (stiffness rating 8)
- Plate features Direct-Vent technology for cooling and drainage
- EVA foam and rubber heel bumper gives stability and walking comfort
- SELECT Insole provides excellent longitudinal and transverse arch support
- 3-bolt road cleat and SPD compatible
- Manufacturer’s claimed weight: 284 grams per shoe (size 43)