Pinarello Bolide TT Frameset
Incredibly stiff and weighing a mere 750 grams, the Pinarello Bolide TT Frameset has been made famous by the success of Team Sky. The Bolide is engineered from Torayca T1100 1K Carbon to reduce weight and maintain a stiff and aerodynamic frame.
With this frame, Pinarello spent over a year researching how to achieve the most aerodynamic engineering and investigated the impact of airflow on each and every component, reducing the aerodynamic impact by 15% over the Graal.
The revised structure of the fork now has an airfoil section in the dropouts, as does the sloping top tube, and the rear dropouts are now of an alloy construction. As an Italian brand, Pinarello has replaced the press fit bottom bracket with an Italian threaded option. The airfoil sections ensure the lowest dynamic drag regardless of the wind conditions.
It is possible to carry a water bottle without losing any of the aerodynamic advantage, as the downtube has been designed with a concave flatback and a section designed specifically to fit a water bottle. The seat tube also has a concave back so the rear wheel is more tucked in and the brakes are completely hidden from the wind.
Cable routing is internal which looks clean but also optimises the interaction between the airfoils and the flow. The handlebars are integrated for continuity between the frame and the bars and the electronic components are hidden in the frame.
With such a stiff frame, all power from your legs is utilised and results from structural optimisation of the tubes. The tapered headset with 1" 1/8 and 1" 1/4 bearings is aerodynamic but also provides excellent handling performance. Part of Pinarello's DNA, asymmetric chainstays oppose the forces that are created when power is applied to the chain.
The Bolide is fully compatible with both mechanical and electronic groupsets and is a UCI approved frame.
- Frame material: Aerospace Carbon 65HM1K Torayca
- Fork: Bolide Carbon Integrated - Tapered
- Front derailleur type: Braze-On Required
- Headset: 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Integrated Bearings
- Seatpost: Bolide carbon aero zero offset
- Stem: Bolide Integrated
- Aerobars: Bolide Integrated
- Bottom bracket type: BB86 Required
- FRAME: Pinarello Torayca T1100 1K Carbon
- FORK: Pinarello Bolide T1100 1K Carbon
- BOTTOM BRACKET: 70mm Italian Threaded
- HEADSET: Pinarello Drop-in Bearing
- SEATPOST: Pinarello Carbon
- STEM: Bolide Integrated, 100mm or 120mm
- HANDLEBAR: Integrated 40cm wide bar with Aerobars
- SEAT COLLAR: Included
- WEIGHT: 750 grams (1.65 pounds) (frame only)
PRODUCT REF: 738936
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more