Princeton CarbonWorks PEAK 4550 Carbon Ti Rim Brake Wheelset
An ultra-high-performance option, Princeton CarbonWorks PEAK 4550 Carbon Ti Wheelset is perhaps the pinnacle of rim brake wheel technology.
Weighing less than 1,300 grams, it is extremely light so exceptional performance uphill and instant acceleration is guaranteed, but the 45 / 50mm rim depth also provides fantastic aerodynamic gains too. The blunt U-shaped profile and variable height ensure that the wheels are low drag whilst handling superbly at speed, even in windy conditions. As the carbon rim bed is hole-free, stiffness and strength are increased for better power transfer durability, as well as making the wheels easy to set up tubeless.
The beautifully made X-Hub Sp hubs from Carbon-Ti are a suitably premium match to the rims, with sealed bearings and enviably low weight. Holding the build together are Sapim CX-Ray spokes and Sapim SecureLock alloy nipples, with 16 in the front wheel and 24 in the rear.
- Non-drilled rim bed
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 45 / 50mm
- Internal Rim Width: 18.5mm
- External Rim Width: 26mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray with Sapim SecureLock alloy nipples
- Spoke Count: 16 front, 24 rear
- Hubs: Carbon Ti X-Hub SP
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle: 12x142mm thru-axle
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 1,297 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano / SRAM / XDR