Developed in the windtunnel as well as out on the road over the course of four years, Princeton CarbonWorks' distinctive sinusoidal rim profile varies the depth of the rim to ensure the optimum windcheating effect, while reducing weight.
Designed and produced in California, White Industries are experts when it comes to manufacturing bicycle hubs, focusing on durability, performance and weight.
Carefully considered nipple placement ensures stress levels stay more consistent across the entire rim body. This makes for a strong, stiffer and more reliable wheel.
Princeton CarbonWorks have carefully developed the rim width to optimise stability in the wind, reduce rolling resistance and improve comfort.
Princeton CarbonWorks Wake 6560 Tubeless Disc White Industries Wheelset
Realising a wind tunnel manipulated profile in a refined grade of carbon fibre, the Princeton CarbonWorks Wake 6560 Tubeless Disc Brake White Industries Wheelset is a perfect choice if battling the clock in a time trial or when surging clear of the peloton on a solo break.
The sophisticated carbon composition of the rims naturally infuses generous amounts of pedalling efficiency while still keeping the weight low. This lofty grade of carbon is moulded into a “sinusoidal”, wavy rim profile that varies between 65mm and 60mm in depth to improve aerodynamics and keep crosswind stability high. This irregular profile also strengthens the spoke nipple contact points, reducing peak loads in these areas for heightened resilience and responsiveness.
Material is reduced from the rim areas between the spoke holes, where the loads are lower, to reduce weight without compromising strength. Tubeless-tyre friendly, hole-less tyre beds further reduce weight, but due to their more consistent lay up, actually improve the integrity of the rims.
White industries hubs have super-smooth bearings, are robust and provide a solid platform for mounting disc brake rotors. A two-cross lacing pattern, front and rear, completes the build by linking everything together with even spoke tensions for heightened reliability.
- A light, stiff and strong carbon disc brake wheelset that offers speed and stability in time trials, triathlons and road races
- High-grade carbon rims are light and laterally stiff
- Wind-tunnel tuned, multi-depth sinusoidal profile blends aerodynamic performance with crosswind stability
- The multi-depth profile grants a more concave spoke nipple contact platform to reduce pinpoint stress loads
- Increased carbon material in the spoke nipple area increases strength and responsiveness
- Sculpted sections between the spoke holes keep the weight low
- Hole-less tyre bed increases stiffness further, reduces weight and negates the need for tubeless rim tape
- White Industries CLD hubs offer low frictional resistance, durability and a solid connection to disc brake rotors
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes are laced in a two-cross pattern, granting reactivity and durability
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Optimised full carbon
- Rim profile: Sinusoidal, variable depth
- Rim finish: Naked satin carbon
- Rim depth: 65mm to 60mm, variable
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- External rim width: 26mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapin CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: Front - White Industries CLD / Rear - White Industries CLD
- Freehub compatibility: Shimano HG (SRAM XDR freehub available separately)
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 148mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm width and above
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front - 732 grams, Rear - 861 grams, Wheelset - 1593 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.